Four: Strange

Lexi's POV

"So do they have any suspects yet?" I asked, as Sammy, Luke, Noah, and Michael sat in Sam and I's dorm. 

"Not yet." Noah said, looking at his phone, I'm assuming at the news. 

"Did you sleep here?" Sam asked Luke.

"No, I came over this morning." He answered. 

"Do you wanna go get coffee?" I asked Luke, as Michael and Sam talked. 

"Sure." He nodded. There was a little café on the main floor of the building. I was wearing leggings and a tshirt, and decided to just slip on my Birkenstocks. I grabbed my wallet. 

"We'll be back." I told the three still in the room. 

"I'm gonna go get my wallet." Luke said, before going a few rooms down the hallway and opening the door. I wondered why Sam had asked if Luke stayed over last night. Does she really think I would sleep with a guy I just met? I saw Luke leave the room and he walked back over to me. 

"I had a bad feeling about going to that party last night." I said as we entered the elevator. 

"Maybe that it was your first college party?" He suggested, as he pushed the button marked first floor. 

"I don't think so... I've been to lots of parties. They aren't really my thing though." I thought out loud. 

"Let's just try not to think about it." He said, as the elevator reached the main floor and the doors opened. We walked out and went to the café, and surprisingly there weren't many people. 

"What do you want?" Luke asked as we stood in the short line. 

"I can get my own, Luke." I smiled at him. 

"Nope, I'm getting it." He argued, causing me to sigh. 

"Fine... I'll have an iced almond milk latte." I said, caving in. We got our coffee and found a little table to sit at. There was a long booth that stretched across the wall and then a small table and then on the other side a chair. We both sat down on the booth side. Although there weren't many people eating breakfast, there were quite a few with notebooks or laptops studying. 

"Thank you." I said, taking a sip of my drink. 

"Of course." He said, putting his arm across the top of the booth, his arm lightly resting on my shoulders. I watched a boy with tattoos all over his arms walking with a cup of coffee in his hand, sitting down at the table next to us.

"Were you at the party last night?" He asked Luke. I guess they knew each other. 

"Yeah, were you?" He asked the boy. I noticed he had a nose ring and an earring that dangled from his left ear. 

"I showed up a little later, and I didn't stay very long. The person who I was supposed to go with bailed on me." He rolled his eyes. 

"The name's Kian." The boy introduced himself to me. 

"I'm Lexi." I smiled at him. 

"Did you go last night?" He asked.

"Yeah, I went with Luke." I answered. 

"Do you know anything about what happened?" He questioned, taking a sip from his cup. 

"Well, we were outside when it happened, and we heard the commotion inside and we left as fast as we could. It was chaos. Everyone was screaming and running. Of course being drunk didn't help at all." I told him, trying to remember as much as I could from the night before. 

"Everything was fine before it happened. You wouldn't think that it would've happened." Luke added. 

FLASHBACK

Luke and I were just sitting in a corner talking when someone's voice came on the microphone.

"Alright, it's that time of night. Grab your lady and we're gonna slow it down."

I watched as drunk college students paired up and a slower song began to play. Luke stood up and I thought he was either going to get another drink or going to the bathroom.

"May I have this dance?" He asked, holding his hand out. I felt my face heat up, but it might've just been the excessive amount of alcohol in my system. I took his hand as he pulled me up and led me towards everyone in the middle of the room. I draped my arms around his neck, his hands going to my waist. We moved along with the music and I think I got lost in his eyes at one point, because the song ended almost as fast as it started, and a more upbeat song had started.

"Did I mention how gorgeous you look?" He whispered with a smirk, pulling me in as his hands travelled to my lower back. 

END OF FLASHBACK

I smiled, thinking about the connection Luke and I had. But maybe it was just the alcohol. 

"As of a few minutes ago they have some suspects. One of them I have a class with, I think it's Harry or Harold..." Kian said. 

"Hopefully who ever it is, is no one we know." Luke shook his head. 

"Harrison! That's his name." Kian exclaimed. 

"I don't know who that is." Luke said, and neither did I. 

"Yeah me neither." I shrugged. 

"You wouldn't expect a shooting to happen at a party. They must be pretty smart." Kian commented before taking another sip of his coffee. 

"Yeah..." I said, thinking that's something kinda weird to say about what happened. 

"Well I gotta go, I'll see you guys around." Kian said, and with that he walked away. I looked at Luke and he looked at his phone. 

"I should go get ready. My first class is in half an hour." He said sighing. We both stood up and went to the elevator. 

"What's your first class?" I asked curiously. 

"Psychology 101." He answered. 

"I'm taking that too, but it's my last class of the day." I said, as we stepped out of the elevator onto our floor. 

"I'll see you later?" He asked, as we both stopped in front of my dorm. 

"Definitely." I said, reaching up and hugging him. 

"Bye." He whispered, before walking away. I walked into the room and shut the door behind me. 

"They have some suspects, and I know the name of one of them." I said, causing Noah, Sam, and Michael to stop talking and look at me. 

---A/N---

kian was acting weird

hm

lexi