Twenty Six: Plan B

Lexi's POV

When we got back, Noah was immediately asking Sam and I questions, mostly Sam though obviously. I went back to Luke and I's room through the connecting door and sat down on the bed. 

"Babe, what happened?" Luke asked, coming out of the bathroom a few seconds later. He sat down next to me on the bed.

"Theo isn't dead. He's here and so is his brother. I told you I thought I saw his brother when we were at the hotel bar." I told him. I didn't realize how fast my heart was beating until now. I tried to calm my breathing down. 

"Hey... I'm not gonna let him lay a finger on you." Luke said, kissing my forehead. "You don't have to worry, okay?" 

"Okay..." I nodded. We went back to the other room and talked about a new plan. 

"I don't think it's safe at all to stay here longer." Noah said. 

"So new hotel in town? Or leave town?" Michael asked. 

"I think we need to leave town." Noah responded. 

"But what if they see us leave the hotel?" Luke chimed in. "They could be waiting for us to leave our rooms." 

"Shit. Yeah. We can check out in the middle of the night, can't we? What if we just stay in our rooms for the rest of the day and then tonight at like one or two, we leave." Michael suggested. 

"That's not a bad idea. We can book a room at a new hotel this afternoon." Luke said. We decided to stick to that plan and just hung out in our room for the day, calling a few different hotels about an hour or so away from here. We ended up booking a room with two queen beds and a pullout couch so that we could all be together. 

Later that Night... 

I woke up sweating from a nightmare. Last night I had a nightmare too. I looked over at the clock and it read 12:30am. Luke was awake on his phone, sitting at the desk in our hotel room.

"Oh, hey. I was just about to wake you up. We're leaving soon." Luke said, looking over at me. 

"Okay." I nodded, getting out of bed and throwing on a sweatshirt over my tank top. It was actually one of Luke's sweatshirts, not mine. I fixed my hair and packed up all my belongings into my bags. By 1:00 am, all of us were packed and ready to leave. We headed down the hallway and to the elevator. We got to the lobby and I was paranoid that Theo and his brother or his friends were gonna show up. It took about ten minutes to check out, and Sam, Noah and Michael had checked out for their room and were waiting in the car for Luke and I. We were about to head out when I felt around my purse. 

"My phone isn't in here, it must've fallen out." I said to Luke, scanning the floor of the lobby. He was finishing checking us out of the hotel and I walked towards the hall where we came from, and sure enough my phone was laying on the ground. I bent down to pick it up and when I looked back up, I saw Theo standing in the hallway. I froze. I couldn't move, I fell back onto the ground as he got closer. 

"No... no, no! Theo stop!" I screamed, my vision getting blurry. 

"I've been looking for you." He said, crouching down in front of me, putting his hand on my face. 

"LUKE! LUKE!" I screamed, shutting my eyes. 

"Lexi!? What?" I heard my boyfriend's voice. I opened my eyes to see him running over to me. 

"There's no one there baby... Theo's not there. You're okay." He told me, and I looked back at the hallway. The empty hallway. 

"No, I saw him! He was right in front of me." I cried. 

"He wasn't there, Lexi. But we need to go, now." He said, helping me up off the floor and hurrying out of the hotel. We got in the car and Luke was holding onto me tightly. 

"What just happened? We heard Lexi screaming." Noah asked, as he pulled out of the parking lot. As we pulled away from the hotel, I looked back at the lobby and saw Theo, but I blinked a second later and it was just a random guy. 

"Lexi... thought she saw Theo, coming after her. But there was no one there." Luke said quietly, as he held my hand. 

"Are you okay?" Sam asked me. She was sitting in the backseat, and I was in between her and Luke. 

"Yeah... I swear he was right there in front of me though." I shook my head, not understanding what happened. He was in my nightmare from earlier too, but I didn't tell Luke that. I didn't want him to worry about me more than he already is. 

"I keep seeing him everywhere too. Even when I'm asleep, a peaceful dream will turn into a nightmare with him in it." Sam said. 

"You didn't tell me that, babe." Noah said, glancing at her in the rear view mirror. 

"I didn't want to stress you out even more. I'm sorry." She said to him, the same thing I was thinking about regarding Luke. I felt bad that he got dragged into this situation, and that he's been so worried about me.

"Well, we're safer now. We're gonna be okay." Michael said to us after a few minutes in silence. He turned the radio up and some song that I didn't know was playing. 

"I'm sorry that this is happening to you, love." Luke whispered to me as the others had their own conversation. 

"You don't have to be sorry. None of this is your fault." I told him. I yawned, feeling my eyes closing. 

"I know, but still. It's scary. I'll let you get some sleep and I'll wake you up when we get to the new hotel, okay?" He told me, running a hand through my hair as I got more comfortable leaning against him. 

"Okay. I love you." I mumbled, already half asleep.