Twenty: Caught

Lexi's POV

"We need to tell security and the police." Luke said. 

"He said he'll kill me if I tell anyone." I told him, holding onto his arms. 

"Lexi, if we tell the police they'll lock him up so he can't hurt anyone else and he can't hurt you," Luke told me, "I know I said I'm going to protect you and I promise I will, but if something did happen to you I don't know how I could live with myself..." He said, actually starting to tear up. I put my hand on his cheek. 

"Please don't cry, baby." I said. 

"I know I'm sorry. I just don't know what I would do without you." He told me. 

"I don't know what I would do without you either Luke..." I told him, leaning up and giving him a kiss. I thought back to the last time we were standing on this roof. 

"Wow." I said in awe, looking up at the billions of stars twinkling against the darkness above us.

"Pretty gorgeous, right?" Luke asked.

"It's incredible." I agreed, walking towards the railing, looking out at the campus, and the tall buildings' lights glowing faintly in the distance. I turned around to see Luke laying in the middle of the roof, spread out as if he was doing snow angels. I smiled and walked over, laying down beside him.

"So this is your spot?" I asked, looking at the stars.

"You could say that." He responded. "You know, I came up here the first night of school, the day I'd met you. I saw a shooting star and I wished that we would get closer. Kind of sad."

"Did you really?" I asked, laughing a little, for the first time today.

"Yeah I did... luckily for me I think it'll come true." He said. He suddenly sat up and looked at me.

"What?" I asked, sitting up a bit.

"I am falling in love with you Lexi."  He smiled. 

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the stairwell door swung open and Kian stood in the doorway. I felt a pit in my stomach as he walked towards us. 

"What are you guys doing?" He asked curiously, eyeing Luke and then me. 

"Just... talking." I said, glancing over at Luke. His jaw was clenched as he looked Kian up and down. 

"You told him didn't you?" Kian said to me. 

"Told him what?" I asked, shaking my head, praying that he would fall for it.

"Our little secret..." He smirked, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, causing shivers to go down my spine, and that's when Luke snapped. 

"Don't touch her, Kian." He said sternly, pulling me closer to him. 

"And why's that?" He asked, an amused tone in his words. He reached for me again but Luke didn't let his fingers reach my skin. 

"I said don't fucking touch her." Luke said, shoving Kian away. Kian shoved back, causing me to be pushed aside. Luke had the advantage, as he had a few inches on Kian, but Kian was stronger than he looked. 

"Yeah well I don't like you touching her! She was supposed to be mine." Kian yelled as he tried punching Luke, but he dodged it. 

"Guys!" I yelled but they tuned me out. 

"She was never yours! And she wasn't supposed to be either!" Luke yelled back, pushing Kian to the ground. 

"She was supposed to be mine after you were supposed to be put in jail." Kian smirked, before hitting Luke right in the face, and knocking him to the ground. 

"Luke!" I cried out, getting in between them and kneeling down next to him.

"I'm fine baby." He said, sighing. 

"What's going on here??" I heard a voice boom and the three of us turned to see a campus security officer walking onto the roof. He was a big guy who I'd always seen walking around school. 

"We're fine." Kian answered quickly, looking nervous. 

"We're obviously not, do you see what you did to Luke?" I raised my voice. 

"I don't, do you want me to do some more damage?" Kian asked. 

"Hey, hey! All three of you, come with me." The security guard held onto Kian's arm and motioned to the door. Luke already was starting to get a bruise on his cheek, and his lip was bleeding. We followed the security guard to an office and we all sat down in chairs lining the wall. 

"The Dean will talk to you guys right away, stay here." The security guard, who I learned was named Jim, said to us before walking away. We sat in silence until a woman in a professional-looking outfit stepped out of a door. 

"Alright, come in." She said, eyeing us. 

"Um, could I just talk to you first?" I asked, needing to tell her about Kian. 

"Of course." She nodded. Luke squeezed my hand reassuringly before I got up and went into her office. 

"Is there something you wanted to tell me individually?" She asked. 

"Yeah, um. So I know who shot Theo and Noah." I quietly said. 

"And you're positive?" She asked. 

"Yes. He told me himself. It was Kian Lawley, the brown haired one sitting out there. He also threatened to kill me if I told anyone." I said, tearing up. "That's why were all sitting in the office now, I had told Luke, the blonde one-" 

"Who is Luke to you? A friend? Roommate?" She asked.

"He's my boyfriend." I said, although he wasn't. We aren't official. 

"Okay. Continue." She nodded. 

"So I had gone up to the roof to tell Luke, because I had to tell someone, it was driving me crazy. Kian was in Luke's dorm, because his roommate is best friends with Kian. All of a sudden Kian comes up to the roof and he someone knows that I had just told Luke about the secret. And then Kian touched me and Luke freaked and they got into a fight and now we're here." I told her, as she dialed a phone number. She talked in a low voice to someone on the other end, and quickly hung up. 

"The police are on their way and they're gonna take him in to question." She told me, and for the first time since I found out Kian was the murderer, I felt a wave of relief go over me. 

"Should I go then? Or..." I asked. 

"Bring Luke in and you guys can just stay in here until the police get here." She said to me. I nodded, opening her office door and poking my head out. 

"Luke, come here." I said. Kian was just sitting in the chair next to him, looking as relaxed as could be, but I'm sure that wouldn't last for long.