Eighteen: I Promise

Lexi's POV

It was now almost seven at night and I was sitting in my Psychology class, which was in a large room with usually lots of students, waiting for the bell to ring. I had a million thoughts racing through my mind, but the one thought that wouldn't go away was that I know who killed Theo. That person who killed Theo also happened to be in my Psychology class but wasn't present at the moment. There were quite a few people absent today. Suddenly my phone interrupted my thoughts and I picked it up to see Sam calling. Luckily my phone was on silent but the teacher looked my direction as I answered it. 

"Hello?" I whispered. 

"Lexi, Noah got sh-shot." She shakily said. 

"Wait what?? When?" I asked her, still whispering. 

"My parents and I were leaving since they want me home and all of a sudden, um, we just heard gun shots and he's on the floor. Right outside our dorm. But no one else was in the hallway with us.." She rambled. I glanced over at the seat Kian usually sits in, the empty seat, and got a sick feeling in my stomach. 

"I'm sorry Sam... are you leaving already?" I asked. 

"Yeah, we're in the car already, security didn't want anyone around. They called an ambulance and the police. Please be safe Lexi." I heard her crying. 

"I will... um, I'll probably stay with Luke for awhile then. You be safe too, ok?" I told her. 

"I'll try to. I gotta go." She said, before hanging up. As soon as she hung up, the bell rang, signaling that class was over. I quickly packed my stuff up and called Luke. 

"Hey baby, are you okay?" Luke almost immediately answered. 

"Hey, yeah. Did you hear about what happened too? I just got off the phone with Sam." I said, walking out of the classroom. 

"Yeah, everyone in our dorm building knows. I want you to come stay with me Lexi, I don't want you alone in your dorm, if they even would let you go in." He told me. 

"Okay. I just left class, I'll be there in a few minutes." I said to him, suddenly feeling paranoid as I walked down the empty hallway. 

"Ok. See you soon." Luke said, ending the call. I walked quicker down the hall and out the door labeled 'EXIT TO DORMS'. The air was cool as I made my way towards the large dorms. I opened the main door and headed for the stairwell, and was startled when someone came out of the computer lab. 

"Sorry." The random girl apologized as I must've looked scared. I shook my head and smiled a little as I began to go up the stairs. I've never been this anxious or paranoid before. The guilt of knowing who killed Theo, and possibly Noah too, was eating away at me and I wanted to tell someone. But I couldn't, remembering those words that Kian said to me. 

"Tell anyone what I just told you and I'll slit that pretty little throat of yours. Got it Lexi?"  

Before I knew it, I'd reached my floor and saw Luke standing in the hallway, presumably waiting for me. He looked up from his phone and as soon as I got to him, pulled me into a tight hug. 

"Hey, I'm okay." I told him, not wanting him to worry, although that was partially a lie. 

"I know... I just got worried." He said, kissing my forehead. We went inside his dorm and sat down on his bed. 

"I'm worried about Sammy..." I said to Luke as I cuddled into him. 

"Yeah... first Theo and then Noah. I wonder if the person from the party is the same person who killed one of them. Or both of them." He said, causing me to wonder also. 

"Where's Jc?" I asked, noticing that his roommate wasn't here. 

"He should be on his way back from class soon." Luke told me. 

"Ohh okay." I nodded, taking a deep breath. I still had so many things on my mind, but being safe here with Luke, and not anywhere near Kian, did make me feel a little bit better. All of a sudden the door opened, and it wasn't Jc. 

"Hey, Jc told me to meet him here. We're gonna study." Kian said, walking into the room and plopping down on Jc's bed. He made eye contact with me and gave me an unpleasant look, obviously not liking the fact that I was cuddled up with Luke. 

"Yeah, he should be back anytime now. But how've you been man?" Luke asked. 

"Been good, but pretty busy. What about you?" He asked Luke, and only a few seconds later, the door opened again and in walked Jc. 

"I've been pretty good, and also staying busy with classes. Got a lot on my mind though especially with what's been going on..." He answered. 

"Yeah it's crazy right? I don't know who would do such a thing. But what about you Lexi?" Kian asked, looking at me. 

"Um.. excuse me." I said, feeling uncomfortable, "I'm gonna go grab something from my room." I got up and started to head for the door.

"They're not letting anyone in or out of that dorm..." Kian said, trying to hide a smirk. 

"I... I just need some... fresh air." I mumbled feeling sick to my stomach, leaving the room and going down the hall towards the stairs going up to the roof.

"Lexi... babe." I heard Luke call, running down the hall after me. I kept walking. 

"LEXI." He raised his voice, causing me to stop halfway up the stairs, startling me a little. I turned my head and saw that he'd finally caught up to me and was standing at the bottom of the stairs. I felt my eyes watering and my vision blurred but I tried to blink them away. 

"Come with me." I quietly said, grabbing his hand as we went up the rest of the stairs. I pushed open the heavy metal door and was hit with cool air. I made sure to shut the door behind us and I walked over to the far end of the roof, looking out at the pink and orange sunset.

"What's going on?" He asked me, standing next to me.

"I do know something... about the Theo situation. I know who killed him." I said, crying more. He hugged me tightly, rubbing my back. 

"So... who is it?" He asked. I pulled away and looked at him. 

"It was Kian..." I whispered as quiet as I possibly could, and Luke's face went pale. 

"Lawley? How do you know?" He whispered.

"He told me. After you got taken to the jail." I nodded. "And he also told me that if I told anyone, he would, um... 'slit my pretty little throat'." I did quotation marks with my fingers. 

"I won't let him lay a single finger on you, okay Lexi? And if he ever does, which I promise he won't, he's gonna regret it." He said hugging me again, and running his hands through my hair, holding me tightly to him. 

"Okay...promise?" I nodded. 

"I promise baby."