Sixteen: Psychopath

Lexi's POV

Luke and I were cuddled up in his bed, and occasionally kissing each other, watching '50 First Dates' on the TV in his dorm. I wasn't paying too much attention to the movie, I was still thinking about the whole Theo situation.

"That's honestly kinda romantic." Luke said, his eyes on the TV screen.

"Huh? Oh...yeah." I mindlessly responded, cuddling up to him more.

"What's wrong? You're quiet. I mean you're normally quiet but not this quiet." He laughed a little but his smile soon faded.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm just... quiet because we're watching a movie." I lied. And remembered that I wasn't a good liar.

"I know you, and I know that you're lying." He said, sitting up more.

I sighed before talking. "I'm still just shaken up about the whole Theo situation. Who would've done such a thing? And they most likely go to our school, or else how would they know who he is? It's just kinda scary."

"Hey, as long as I'm around I'll protect you, okay? I'm not gonna let anyone lay a finger on my girl." He said, pulling me in for a hug. An abrupt knock on the door caused Luke to let go of me. 

"Jc, the door's unlocked." Luke called to his roommate from the other side of the door. 

"LAPD, open up." 

Luke looked at me before standing up and walking to the door. I followed behind him. He opened the door and two cops were standing in front of him. 

"I'm sorry, I thought you were my roommate..." Luke said slowly. 

"Is Luke Hemmings here?" One of the cops asked. 

"Yeah, I'm Luke." He answered, confusion in his voice. 

"You're coming with us." The other cop told Luke. 

"What? Why?" Luke asked, as he was put in handcuffs. 

"Because we believe you have some talking to do." The same cop who put the handcuffs on Luke answered. 

"I didn't do anything... can my girlfriend at least come with?" Luke asked as they started to walk him into the hallway. Girlfriend? It must've just slipped out. 

"Not right now. Maybe we'll let you give her a call once we're done." One of the cops said, and with that they left, taking Luke with them. 

"Why can't I?" I asked but they didn't hear me.  

"Oh my god... oh my god. What do I do?" I asked myself out loud as I stood there in shock, the door still wide open. I grabbed my phone and keys and purse and left Luke's dorm, locking the door behind me with his keys. I texted Sam. 

Sammy: cops just showed up at luke's dorm. going to the police station, but they told me not to. idk why or when ill be back. 

I walked quickly down the hallway, starting to panic. I decided on taking the stairs instead of waiting for the elevator, and ended up running into someone familiar. 

"Hey, Lexi. You okay? You don't look so good. I mean you do look good but- uhh nevermind." Paul mumbled, his guitar bag on his shoulder as he walked upstairs and I walked down. 

"Hi, um look right now isn't a very good time to talk. I'm sorry. I will explain next time I see you okay?" I apologized.

"It's okay, I'm heading to class anyways but I'll see you around." He smiled. I got in my car once I reached the parking lot and headed to the jail. 

"They think I'm the one who killed Theo." Luke told me as I stood in front of him, a set of bars separating us. 

"You wouldn't... do that right?" I asked, not thinking about what I was saying before it came out of my mouth. 

"I'd never kill Theo. Or anyone. Yeah he was a piece of shit but I'd never do that, Lexi." Luke looked at me with a confused look on his face. 

"Right, yeah, I know you wouldn't." I shook my head and laughed it off. 

"Time's up. He's gonna stay here for the next three or four hours, that is if we decide to release him tonight, okay? But you gotta go now." A security officer said to me, escorting me towards the exit. 

"I love you." I said to Luke before walking away. I got back to the school and went back to Luke's place. Sam never answered my text, so I assumed she was either doing homework or napping. I knew she was with Michael. I turned the corner of the hall and saw Kian standing outside Luke's door. 

"Hey..." I said, sighing, wondering why he was here. I've only talked to him a couple times. But he knows Luke, so I guess they're friends. 

"Hey, I saw Luke get put in a cop car, what happened?" He asked, leaning against the wall as I took out my key and unlocked the door. I stepped inside and motioned for Kian to come in. I closed the door behind him. 

"They think he killed Theo. I don't know why or how, because I was with him that same day that we found Theo dead." I said in a hushed voice as I took off my jacket and shoes. I noticed something red on Kian's shirt, that oddly enough looked like it was blood. He noticed me staring at the stain because he quickly spoke. 

"Oh, that's from biology today. Had to uh, dissect a cat. Pretty gross." He said, looking at me. There was a look in his eyes that I couldn't quite read, but it was sort of creeping me out. 

"There's no bio labs open today. Only on Wednesdays." I thought out loud. 

"You're smart." Kian scoffed. He walked closer to me until he was only about a foot away from me. 

"This is actually Theo's blood. I was the one who killed Theo. I framed Luke for it. Told the police that I saw him leaving you and Sam's room after Theo went in, but it was me who left the room after killing him. Luke isn't leaving that jail anytime soon. I made sure not to leave any traces, any fingerprints, nothing at all. I just wanted Luke out of the picture. I want you, Lexi." He spoke quietly. The words that came out of his mouth shocked me. 

"I know you're thinking, that's quite the elaborate act. Killing someone so that I can have you. Ever since I met you that day in the café, I knew I wanted you to be mine forever. Of course, you never saw that. That's why I did what I had to do." He smirked. 

"You're a psychopath." I said, taking steps backward, feeling extremely uncomfortable and unsafe. I remembered meeting Kian, and now that I thought about it, he did seem sort of odd, but at the time, I didn't think anything of it. 

FLASHBACK

"You wouldn't expect a shooting to happen at a party. They must be pretty smart." Kian commented before taking another sip of his coffee.

"Yeah..." I said, thinking that's something kinda weird to say about what happened.

END OF FLASHBACK

His smirk disappeared slowly before he spoke. "Tell anyone what I just told you and I'll slit that pretty little throat of yours. Got it Lexi?"