Fourteen: Lukey Pookey

Lexi's POV 

I rolled over when I heard my phone ringing and looked at my clock on my nightstand. It was exactly eight o'clock on a Saturday morning. I picked up my phone to see the name "Lukey Pookey" light up my screen.

"Rise and shine love." Luke cheerfully said. 

"Good morning. Why am I being woken up at this hour on a Saturday?" I asked curiously, as I sat up in bed. 

"Because my dear, you and I are going on a date today." He said, causing my stomach to flip a little. The past two weeks, since Luke crazily said he's falling in love with me, we've been all lovey dovey with each other, and I love every second of it. However, we haven't gone on a date yet, so when he said this, I got very excited. 

"And what are we doing on this date?" I asked with a smile. 

"That's the fun part. I'm not telling you." He laughed. 

"Okay. Well then can you tell me what to wear?" I questioned. 

"Something comfortable. You can pull literally anything off, so honestly wear anything. And this is an all-day adventure so I hope you aren't too tired already." He answered. 

"Alright." I responded, already creating outfit options in my head. 

"Be ready by eight forty-five, we'll grab coffee and breakfast on the way." He excitedly said. 

"Okay, bye Luke." I rolled my eyes with a laugh as he hung up. I turned to face Sammy who was laying in her bed, scrolling through her phone. 

"LUKE AND I ARE GOING ON A DATE." I loudly exclaimed. 

"You haven't gone on a date yet?" She asked. 

"No, we haven't. We aren't gonna rush things, Sam." I told her as I got out of bed and looked through my dresser for an outfit to wear. 

Forty-five minutes later, I was wearing ripped skinny jeans, a yellow "Life is Good" tshirt, and my checkered Vans, and I'd straightened my hair. I also was wearing one of Luke's hoodies because he mentioned how good it looked on me once. I quickly sprayed on some Shawn Mendes perfume and checked the time- 8:45 exactly. And right on time, I heard a knock on the door. 

"Hey." I said to Luke, when I opened the door. 

"Wow. Look at you." He looked me up and down. I felt myself blush. 

"Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself." I smiled.

"Bring her back in one piece, please Luke!" Sam called to us from her bed. 

"I will, don't worry." He laughed. I shut the door and we started walking down the hall and out of the building. We got into Luke's car.

"You know, I think you can learn a lot about someone while on a road trip. We have a two and a  half hour drive ahead us until we reach our destination. But first, Starbucks." He smiled. 

"I'm excited for today." I said, kissing Luke on the cheek as he pulled out of the parking lot. We went to Starbucks. I got a Nitro Cold Brew coffee and a bagel, and Luke got an iced Caramel Macchiato and a bagel as well. We listened to some music for awhile before I turned the volume down. 

"Do you want a family when you're older?" I asked him, taking a sip of my drink. 

"I do. Not anytime soon, I wanna do some more things in life first." He answered. 

"Me too. How many kids do you want?" I asked curiously. "I want one boy and one girl." 

"You don't exactly have control of that, ya know." He winked at me.