happily ever after | irene

Happily Ever After by jerkshownu on tumblr

Irene paced back and through. Looking at her phone continuously. She had arrived half an hour earlier than the two of you had planned. Irene always found the girl who worked part-time at the little cafe hidden from the world, humming as she wiped down the table. A prep in her step. Her charcoal grey coloured hair tied into a bun on top of her head. The girl was extremely cute but Irene never had the nerve to even breathe a word into her direction. Well, that was until she was caught by her band mates, looking at the girl in complete awe.

"Yah, Joohyun unnie. What are you doing?" Seulgi's voice pulled Irene out of her glorious daydream abruptly.

Irene groaned as her eyes left the figure of the girl. "What." The single word left her lips with a snap.

"Nothing, it's just you've looking at that girl for a long time," Seulgi replied, using her straw to mix her drink, something she did when she was nervous or uncomfortable and right now she was both.

"Look, I'm sorry Seulgi, I shouldn't have snapped at you. It's just-"

"You like her don't you?" Wendy interrupted with a smirk on her face.

"What, no. I don't." Irene stuttered, looking everywhere other than at the girls that sat in front of her.

The others crossing their arms with a smirk on their faces.

"Just ask her, what's the worst that can happen," Yeri spoke with a slight shrug causing Joy to nod alongside her.

"Excuse me," Wendy spoke raising her hand causing Irene's eyes to widen as she looked down in shock.

"Hi, how can I help you ladies today?" The girl with the charcoal grey bun questioned with a bright smile.

"I was wondering if you were single?"

Irene choked on her drink slightly.

"Um," You hesitated looking around slightly.

"You don't need to reply to her." Irene intervened noticing how awkward you looked.

"I wasn't even asking for myself," Wendy mumbled grumpily.

"I would ignore them, I'm Irene and I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me on Friday?"

"I would like that."

"Nice, it's a date. Wait, no it's not a date. I-"

"It's a date." She winked before walking away with a slight sway in her hips.

/

"Hey." Irene heard from behind her causing her to turn and look. There you were wearing a creme floral playsuit with a pair of white converse trainers. It didn't seem like much but you looked breathtaking to Irene. 

Her legs glistened as the sun rays hit them,

"Where to now?" you questioned looking around the park that they had agreed to meet.

"That's a surprise," Irene smiled before intertwining their fingers. Irene's heart thudding with every step she took. Irene was worried at the slight possibility of you hearing it.

As the two of you made your way towards the site that Irene had made the girls decorate for your date, the fairy lights twinkled in contrast to the night sky.

"This is beautiful." you exclaimed in shock since no one had ever done this for you, it was always a fast food branch or a coffee shop.

"I'm glad you like it Y/N." Irene beamed, letting go of your hand to take a seat.

"Did you do this all on your own?" You questioned, taking a seat on the picnic blanket opposite Irene.

"I had a little bit of help from the girls but I made all the food, I wasn't sure what you would like so I just cut up some fruit and packed bottles of water and sprite."

Opening the basket that lay in the middle, Irene's hands reached out and displayed the different fruits that she had prepared. The strawberries had been carved into roses whilst the pineapple was shaped like a baby bird. Each fruit was a different object and you were just blown away at her ability.

"This is amazing, how long did it take you to do this?" Y/N questioned in complete awe.

"A few hours," was Irene's response.

"Oh, you didn't have to."

"I wanted to." Irene simply shrugged her shoulders with a smile.

/

The two girls hand in hand rushed over towards the fair that was taken place just a few blocks away.

A smile on both their faces as they wanted into the shop to buy matching head bands. Irene wearing the frog one whilst you wear the princess one that Irene insisted that you were since you were the princess to her frog.

"Where do you wanna go," Irene asked, hooking her arm around your waist.

"Let's go to the arcade." You smiled excitedly, pointing to where it was.

Your laughter filled the air as you played on the different games that the arcade had to offer. Irene couldn't stop smiling as you threw your head back laughing at one of her jokes.

/

To end the night, the two of you took to the Ferris wheel.

Talking about everything underneath the stars from your worries to your hopes and dreams.

Your date was a success, to say the least.