things you said when we were the happiest we ever were | wendy

things you said when we were the happiest we ever were by godrics on tumblr

"Have you ever thought what it'd be like to be normal?" Wendy asks, running her thumb over your hand.

Your head turns to look at her and your eyebrows furrow, frowning at her choice of words, "What do you mean by normal?"

"Like," she struggles to find words that convey her thoughts, "What it'd be like if we never auditioned for SM? Like, instead of performing on stage for millions of people, we were studying?"

"No fans," you hesitantly say, "No one would know us."

Wendy nods, "Exactly."

"Sometimes," you admit, looking down at the cars passing by below, "But I dont't think about it very often."

"Why not?" Wendy asks out of curiosity.

You smile, "I like the way my life is now. I mean, of course, I could deal without the death threats and hate and the sasaengs, but I knew what I was getting myself into the moment I auditioned for SM. I wouldn't have met so many amazing people, and I wouldn't have learned everything I know now."

All you can hear is the soft breeze and the sound of cars moving before you continue, "And, I wouldn't have met you. So, yeah, I think I'm happy enough in this life."