sleepless night | irene

sleepless night by girls-love-girls1200 on tumblr

  The pitter patter of your bare feet on the wooden floor of yours and Irene's shared loft was all that could be heard as you tiredly made your way to the pale light coming from what you could only assume was your girlfriend on her phone, and as you inched closer you could see you were right.

There she was curled up in her favorite light blue blanket on your large living room sofa, her soft chocolate hair was tied in a messy bum on top of her head and her new glasses framed her face perfectly as she scrolled through her social media.
"What are you doing here?"
Her eyes snapped up surprised at the sound of your sleepy voice,
"I woke up and you weren't there"
Irene felt her whole body alight with love seeing you standing there, sleepy eyes, your hands nervously playing with eachother, wearing your favorite Tie Dye t-shirt and a pair of briefs with the Super Man logo on them.
Her arms automatically opened up and you didn't waste a second, diving straight onto her, elicting a small groan from the older girl as she wrapped the blanket around the both of you. Trying to get as comfortable as possible.
"I couldn't sleep and I really didn't want to disturb you Y/N."
You sighed peacefully as you buried your head in the crook of her neck, "You should've just woke me Irene" you mumbled against her skin as she placed light kisses on the top of your head, her arms bringing you even closer to herself.
"I'll do just that next time babe" her voice was barely a whisper when she realized you had already fallen asleep in her loving arms.
It didn't take long for Irene to follow as a sweet I love you left her mouth before slipping into a peaceful slumber.