walk you home | irene

i'm back bitches
walk you home by godrics on tumblr

The atmosphere was loud, too much for your liking. Wendy and Seulgi were debating over whether or not the moon landing was fake, Joy and Yeri were playing Monopoly, even though the four of you had advised them against it. Irene was sitting on the couch next to you, your arms touching as your head was on her shoulder.

You glance at the clock, and decide it was a good enough time to claim that you were getting tired. Your feet fall off the couch and you stand up, stretching your arms, "I should go." Your words bring everyone's attention to you, even though the two youngest's eyes don't stray from their game.

Seulgi's eyes glance to the clock as well, and a small pout forms on her lips, "It's not even that late, Y/N! Don't tell me you're getting too old now to stay later," her eyes are teasing, and the small grin on her lips prove it.

A laugh escapes your lips, and you thump her in the forehead, "No, I'm just tired from work today, Seulgi. Maybe another time when I don't feel like dropping dead any second."

"You didn't bring your car," Wendy says, "Are you going to walk home?"

You realize she's right and shrug, "Yeah, it'll be fine, though. It's not that far-"

Irene's cut you off, "I'll walk you home," and she stands up, not letting you have any objections.

When you open your mind, she sends you a sharp look and your mouth closes immediately, nervously smiling at the other girls. Seulgi smiles softly as her and Wendy share glances. Joy and Yeri had finally looked up from their board game and smirk at each other. You don't notice, but Irene does. When you nod and turn away from the girls, her eyes turn to you and send looks to her members. They all immediately look away, but there are still hints of smiles on their faces.

You're by the door when Irene has her hat and mask on, and you send waves to the girls, "I'm sorry for leaving so early, I promise another night I'll stay for longer, bye!" They yell out their farewells as Irene tugs you out of their dorm.

It's hot as you step out and you shudder, why was it still hot when it was almost night time? Irene smiles slightly and the two of you start the short walk to your home. You weren't lying when you said it wasn't far.

"Y/N," Irene's soft voice makes you look over at her, "Are you going to come with us to America for KCON NY?"

"Of course," you say immediately, "I wouldn't miss it for the world, I want to meet Stray Kids and Pentagon."

Irene nudges you and you laugh, "Plus, we'll get to share a hamburger together, and ... I heard there's going to be a Pride event over there. Think we can go?"

"Together?" Irene's voice is skeptical, "Alone?"

You shake your head, "Not alone, all of us can go. We can probably just say we were passing by and just decided to stay, if asked about it."

When she stays silent you say, "We don't have to, if you don't want to! It was just a suggest-"

"Okay, let's go," Irene cuts you off.

Your eyes widen for a moment, "Really?"

Irene smiles and nods slowly, "Yeah, we can all go. It'll be fun."

You smile, "Okay, can't wait." In case there are people around, you don't kiss her cheek or hold her hand, but you squeeze her wrist softly and quickly to indicate your happiness.

Your and Irene's smiles don't fade for the rest of the night.