wow | joy

wow by godrics on tumblr

"Sooyoung, my style is nothing like yours," you sigh, but you allow Sooyoung to pull you further into the store, picking up multiple articles of clothing on her way. Maybe you let her because you couldn't say no, or maybe it was because you were in love with her.

"I know!" She says, putting another pair of skinny jeans over her arm, "But I just want you to try them on, who knows, maybe you'll like it!"

"And if I don't?" You question, tilting your head so she can see your face and her head turns, a small smile on her lips.

"Then we won't get them and we'll go to another store that's more your taste," Sooyoung promises you.

You reluctantly let her pull you to the dressing room and shove you in with the clothes hanging on your arm, complaining, "You know, these rooms are always so small, what if I'm claustrophobic?"

"But you're not," Sooyoung says, giggling a little as she closes the curtain.

"Someone has to be!"

"Stop stalling," she calls back, "And try the clothes on!"

"Okay, okay," you grumble, picking up one of the jeans that were very tight, and grimaced. You put it back down, deciding to pick up one of the dresses instead. It was a red, and wasn't as tight as the jeans, thankfully. It more flew out than anything.

"Sooyoung, why are we doing this?" You call out to her.

Sooyoung looks up from her phones, "Because ... I want you to get out of your comfort zone, you know how you are. I want to help you see if there's something more to yourself than just your introverted self. I know people are just like that, but you never know until you try."

It's quiet until she quickly adds, "But I still like you how you are, now."

You let out a laugh, and it calms her heart down, "I know."

The curtain swipes to the left, revealing you in the dress, your legs pressed together as you shuffle awkwardly, not used to being in these type of clothes.

"Wow," Sooyoung breathes out, her eyes wide as she stares at you.

"What?" You ask nervously, your hand toying with the bottom of the dress as you look down at yourself, "Is that a good wow or a bad wow?"

"Why would you think it was a bad wow?" She asks incredulously, standing up and grabbing your hands, almost jumping up and down, "You look good!"

"You think?" You ask, looking down at your body again, "I don't know..."

"Y/N," she makes you look at her, "You look good, trust me. I would never lie to you about something like that, but if you don't like it, then we don't have to get it and you don't have to try on the others."

You bite down on your bottom lip, looking down at yourself again before looking back up, a smile on your face, "I like it."

"Really? You're not just saying that to make me happy?" Sooyoung asks, her eyes narrowing at you.

"Really, I really like it," you nod your head, "Let me go try the other clothes on."

"Okay," she whispers, letting go of your hands as you walk back in, shutting the curtain behind you.

Sooyoung sighs, a smile on her face as she sits back down in the chair.