tasty apology | wendy

tasty apology by sonyeogscenarios

Your eyes full of worry flickered between the door and the clock, hoping your girlfriend would walk through them soon. Every Friday, Seung Wan would come to your place after work to relax and unwind after a long day. You were aware that with her packed schedule, she would rarely be on time, but it was already quarter past midnight and there were no signs of her whatsoever. You went to pick up your phone and message her for the umpteenth time when the door opened. The paintings on your walls shook at the powerful slam of your front door and you flinched, carefully making your way towards her. You reached out your arms but Seung Wan only pushed past you, locking herself in the bathroom.

Deciding to give her some time and cool off, you thought that something simple to eat would help her cheer up. Opening the fridge you pulled out the ingredients you would need and got into cooking. You were halway done with the meal when Seung Wan emerged from the bathroom, hair wrapped in a white towel and face clear of all make up. She wore one of your sweaters as your apartment got noticably colder in the evening. You greeted her sweetly, but only got a hum in response.

"Is everything okay, jagiya?" You asked, focused on the food in the frying pan. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw her shrug and keep scrolling through social media. "You can talk to me if you want." Silence.

You placed a plate filled with food in front of her, you watched as Seung Wan stuffed her mouth, taking a sip of water here and there. Once she was done, she pushed the plate away from her and without any words left the room. Whatever had happened must've been bad, because no matter how mad she was, she never acted towards you in such way. You placed the dishes in the sink, telling yourself you'd do them later. You followed after Seung Wan, hoping to console her and maybe get something out of her. Your hopes, however, were crushed when you opened your mouth, making your girlfriend snap.

"Can't you just leave me alone?! I'm trying to calm down but you're not helping!"
You raised your hands in defense, slowly backing away from the room while mumbling. "Fine, come back when you're done being pissed."

You hated when people shouted at you, especially when you tried being nice to them. You loved Seung Wan with all your heart, and you were aware that idol life she lived wasn't easy at all, but you also knew when to draw the line. You'd hoped to spend some time with her before finally going to sleep, but that clearly wasn't happening anymore. Changing into your pj's, you crawled under the covers and turned off the lights, quickly falling asleep.

~

"Jagiya, wake up."

You were woken up by Seung Wan's sweet voice, a delicious smell filling your nostrils soon after. Rubbing your eyes open, you were met with a sight you didn't expect. By your bed stood Seungwan with a tray full of food and a single rose placed in a vase on your nightstand. "Good mornig." You mumbled, sitting up and allowing Seung Wan to place the tray over your legs.

"I woke up early and went to the market to get fresh berries, I know how much you love them."

"Thank you, but you didn't have to do that." The breakfast looked incredible and also like it took a very long time to prepare. Everything you could think of was there, and just looking at it made you drool.

"No, I had to. The way I acted yesterday was a bit over the top. It was a crazy day at work and to top it all of, I got into an argument with Soo Young. I'm really sorry and I hope you can forgive me, jagiya." You nodded at Seung Wan's apology, your lips in a thin line. Seung Wan stared at you expectedly, waiting for you to say something.

"Apology accepted, but there is something I need you to do for me." Seung Wan's eyes widened and she nodded eagerly. "What is it? I'll do whatever you want me to do!"

"Help me with this, because there is no way all that is going to fit in me."