early morning | joy

early morning by revelwrittenscenes on tumblr

Your eyes slowly opened, taking a second to fully adjust and come into focus. The alarm clock blinked at you from its place on your dresser: 8:12. You had to blink a few times before the numbers registered in your brain.

"Oh, shi-"

You threw back the covers, quickly swinging your legs over the edge of the bed. You pulled yourself into a sitting position and rubbed your eyes. Beside you, your sleeping girlfriend stirred on her side of the bed.

"Y/N?" She groaned. "What are you doing? Don't get up, get back in bed."

You inhaled deeply, closing your eyes. Cuddling with Joy under the covers was definitely a much more appealing option than getting up for work.

The feeling of two arms wrapping around your shoulders brought you out of your thoughts. Joy pulled you lightly towards her, until your head was cradled comfortably in the crook of her neck.

You hummed in contentment. She reached down to pull up the covers, covering you both in the soft fabric.

"Comfy, isn't it?" She asked you. You responded with a slight nod against her skin.

You inhaled, breathing in your girlfriend's sweet scent as she lightly played with your hair.

You groaned. "At this rate I'll never make it to work on time."

Joy giggled, a sound that always brought a smile to your face.

"It's okay. Just close your eyes." She pressed her lips softly against your forehead.

As you drifted off to a place where everything was nothing, you managed to catch her quiet, soothing words.

"I'll be right here when you wake up."