love on the stage | seulgi

love on the stage by revelwrittenscenes on tumblr

Act normal, act normal. Nobody will even be able to tell.

This is what you had been trying to convince yourself of for the past hour. In a few minutes, you would be sharing the stage with none other than Kang Seulgi, member of Red Velvet.

Seulgi, who also happened to be your girlfriend.

However, you two were definitely not public, and nobody other than the two of you knew about your relationship. Not even her members knew about it.

It was for that reason you were nervous you might give yourself away during this collaboration stage with Seulgi. She looked amazing in her outfit; the stylists had gone above and beyond your expectations.

She had even caught you staring, which of course, she teased you for.

"Oh? Is there something on my dress?" She had asked, eyebrow raised. You gulped.

"Seulgi, how am I supposed to concentrate on the performance if you look this hot?!" You had begun to voice your worries. "I won't be able to take my eyes off of you! What if I mess up? People will be able to tell there's something going on between us!"

You had paced back and forth. Seulgi, being the sweetheart she is, had managed to calm you down, if only for a short while.

"Y/N, breathe. You just have to focus on me and the choreography." She had said calmly. "We've been practicing this for the past month. You'll do great."

Seulgi's calming words came back to you now.

Easy for her to say, you thought, she's not the one dancing with her hot and secret girlfriend Kang Seulgi in a couple of minutes. Fortunately, her words managed to help you keep your head.

"Now for the much anticipated performance of the night, Red Velvet's Seulgi and up and coming dancer Y/N Y/L/N!" The announcer's voice echoed through the arena.

I can do this, I can do this, you thought. Seulgi was counting on you.

You walked briskly onto the stage, taking your starting position, as Seulgi did the same.

Once the music began to play, you could feel your body move on its own, without much thought. You found yourself lost in the moment; as far as you were concerned, the only people there were you and Seulgi.

Seulgi, herself, was breathtaking. The way she moved, closer, then even closer to you was mesmerizing in a way you couldn't describe.

You both danced without any flaws, finally coming to the finishing pose of the choreography. You both stood embracing tightly, face to face, noses practically touching. Looking into Seulgi's eyes, you knew it had been silly to worry.

Meanwhile Seulgi's members, who happened to be watching from one side of the stage, exchanged curious glances as you both breathed in sync. The eldest, Irene, could tell there was something Seulgi had been keeping from them.

But she trusted that when Seulgi was ready, she would let the members know what it was.

After what seemed like both an instant and an eternity, the music ended and the audience broke out into deafening applause.

Once you had both gotten off stage, Seulgi ran up to you, almost tackling you.

"Y/N, you were amazing!" She exclaimed, her eyes shining.

"We were amazing." You corrected. But as much as you wanted to continue praising her on a job well done, you had other things in mind.

Wrapping your arms around her waist, you pulled her into a deep and bruising kiss, not caring who was watching.

As you began to pull away, Seulgi wrapped her arms around you tighter, keeping you in place.

"Y/N?" She breathed against your lips.

"Yeah?"

"Kiss me again."