things you said at the top of your lungs | joy

things you said at the top of your lungs by godrics on tumblr

"It's cold, Sooyoung," you whine as the two of you step out on the balcony, bringing your jacket closer to you. The balcony gave the two of you a clear view of the noisy city. For some reason, you always liked the city more than anything else, despite the noisiness. It just made you feel less lonely.

"I know," she murmurs as she pulls you closer, "Do you remember what we were talking about earlier? We, as in you, me, and the girls."

You racked your brain for information before coming up empty, "No."

Sooyoung smiles slightly, "Well, really, you guys were the ones talking but I was listening. They were talking about that drama that recently came out... um, what was it?" She frowned for a moment before shaking her head, "Not the point but one of the main characters.. he went to the roof of a building and yelled out that he loved the other main character." She looks over at you and smiles gently.

"You said you would love if something like that happened for you," she looks sheepish now, "So..." She spread her arms out to gesture to the city, "I know this isn't the roof of a building, but.."

"Sooyoung," you smile, "I was just playing, you really don't have to– and I know we have to keep this relationship a secret but-"

"I don't care," she insists, looking you in the eyes, "But, seriously, who's even around?" She looks around and you follow her eyes, seeing that no one is around, "And even if someone did hear me, they wouldn't be able to tell it's me."

You stay quiet for a moment before quietly saying, "Okay."

Sooyoung grins and then turns to face the city. She takes a deep breath and you take a step back, knowing how loud she could get.

"Y/N Y/L/N is the love of my life!" She yells at the top of her lungs, and it makes you wince, but there's a smile on your face as she continues, "I don't know what I'd do without her!"

Sooyoung turns back to you and you giggle slightly, "You'd probably be miserable."

"Hey!" She giggles, pulling you closer to her, "Honestly, you're probably right."

You smile, rubbing your nose against hers, "It's cold, come on, lets go back in."

"Not going to say it back?" Sooyoung pouts, her plump lips inviting you to peck her, which you did.

"I'll tell you when we're both warm," you murmur, pulling her in your apartment.