dance with me | seulgi

dance with me by girlgroupshots on tumblr

WARNING KINDA SUGGESTIVE

With a heave you plopped yourself down onto the hardwood floor, letting your back hit the wall as heavy breathes left you in an attempt to regain some of the energy you had just spent. Your shirt was damp with sweat from the practice you had just finished and it was hard to believe that this was only a break and not the end.

It wasn't that you were a bad dancer.

If there was a spectrum of sorts that ranged from completely hopeless to naturally talented dancing machines, you fell somewhere in the middle. Simply put you had to put in extra work if you wanted to keep up with the best of them. Tiring? Of course. Worth it? Definitely.

Pushing your exhaustion aside for a moment you grabbed your water bottle and started to take a hefty drink from it, throwing your head back rather dramatically as you did so.

"Are you okay?"

A voice followed by laughter filled your ears. Kang Seulgi soon entered your vision and you nearly choked on the water that you had been so eagerly guzzling down. Smooth. The clumsy display on had her laughing more though she did offer you a hand, patting your back as you coughed.

"I'm fine, I'm fine" you waved her off as the fit subsided.

"I didn't mean to startle you" she explained as she took a seat next to you.

Despite the fact that the two of you had been practicing together there was a sense of nervousness that came with being in her presence. Somewhat odd given Seulgi was one of the most laid-back individuals you had met. In fact if anything she herself could be awkward at times – or so she claimed.

"It's not your fault" you assured her. "That'll teach me to be too thirsty."

You both share a look before laughter erupts between the too of you. Seulgi grabs a water bottle for herself and you lean back against thr wall again as a comfortable silence falls over the two of you. Truth be told you've always admired Seulgi, even envied at times. Along with being stunning she makes dancing look effortless. If you were above average she was a goddess. Just watching her practice was a show all in its own.

"[Name], you were doing really good today."

"Eh?"

Her words broke you from your daze and you looked at her with a blank expression, blinking a few times before her words registered. "O-Oh!" you ran a hair through your damp hair, giving it a soft tussle. "Really? I've been trying to get the choreography down as fast as possible. I'd hate to feel like I was slowing anyone down."

"Don't think like that" Seulgi quickly brushed off my words. "You're doing great. Plus everyone can all see the work you're putting in. I know it can seem strict at times but I can tell they notice your effort." By they she was referring to the choreographers. Maybe Seulgi was just buttering you up; saying the nice things to make a co-worker feel good, but even if that was the case you couldn't stop the swelling in your chest as you looked over at her.

She reached over placing a hand atop yours.

"As long as you keep practicing hard I'll be right there with you. Deal?"

Hours turned into days and days turned into weeks. In this business they all seemed to blur together but even more so when you were preparing as hard as you could. You had held up my end of the bargain and Seulgi had as well. It amazed you to the point where you had felt bad given that she had a far busier schedule than you ever would. Yet she would make it to practice each day, even if it was late at night or just for an hour.