behind unclosed doors | yeri

Behind Unclosed Doors by revelwrittenscenes on tumblr (MY BABY I LOVE HER)

"I don't know Yeri, I just...I just wish I could hold your hand while watching a simple movie. Is that so bad?" The two of you discussed in your girlfriend's room, while outside her members held one of their weekly movie nights. To your excitement, Yeri had invited you over to meet her unnies for the first time. To your unpleasant surprise, you'd discovered Yeri hadn't told them about the two of you. Instead she'd told them she was inviting a "friend".

After you'd sneakily tried to reach for her hand under the blanket that had been thrown across your lap, Yeri had pulled you into her room .

"You know my members can't know about this. They'd lecture us both for hours!" Yeri said, voice raised. She shuddered just thinking about the possibility.

"I can take a lecture as long as it means I can kiss you when I want." You sidled up to her, giving her your best puppy dog eyes.

She blinked once, before placing both of her hands tightly over your eyes.

"Not today, you devil, not today!" She laughed. You whined.

"Yeri, pleeeaasse tell them about us!" You pulled her hands off of your face, looping them around your neck instead. Wrapping your own around her waist, you added, "I'll buy you all the sushi you want."

Chuckling, she lightly pressed her lips against yours. "As tempting as that is, even sushi isn't worth getting teased by Sooyoung for a whole month straight."

You pondered her words, before nodding in agreement.

"I can hear it now, 'Hey guys, so when am I going to be an aunt? I'm not getting any younger, you know!'" You exclaimed, with your best impression of Joy.

Yeri snickered. "Sooyoung would say that!"

You laughed with her, simply enjoying being close to her and seeing her smile.

As your laughter died down, a serious expression grew on her face. She pulled you into a tight hug, her cheek resting on your shoulder. Although a bit surprised, you held her against you, moving your thumbs comfortingly against her back.

"Y/N, I really want to tell them, I do." She whispered. "I'm just afraid. Afraid they won't like it."

You sighed softly, pulling away slightly to see her face.

"Yeri, if you don't want to tell them, we won't." You studied her nervous visage, realizing you couldn't push this any further.

"As long as I can hold you like this, I can't ask for anything more." With a content smile on her face, Yeri inched forward, her lips meeting yours in a soft kiss.

A loud slam suddenly echoed in the room, before a loud voice called out, "Yeri! Y/N! Why aren't you guys back yet, you're missing the best par-"

Before either of you could pull away, Joy had walked into the room, seeing the two of you in a more-than-friendly embrace. Within a matter of seconds, her face had changed from confusion to shock.

"Oh my God, Y/N is kissing our Yerim!" She cried. "I repeat, Y/N is kissing our Yerim!"

Panicked, you turned to Yeri. "I thought you locked the door!"

"I thought you had!"

"This is your room, not mine!"

"...Fair point."

Meanwhile, the others had come running into the room, wanting to see what the commotion was.

"What happened?! Did someone break in?" Holding a pan in one hand and a wooden spoon in the other, Seulgi cautiously looked around for any sign of danger.

Irene turned to Joy, who was now watching you suspiciously. "Joy, what happened?"

"Y/N," she pointed at you accusingly, "was kissing Yeri! I saw them!"

"Were they really?" Wendy asked. Joy nodded furiously, turning back to fix you with a stare. The other members joined in, looking at you curiously.

You gulped, slowly inching behind your girlfriend and suddenly very aware of the situation.

"Y/N, why were you two kissing?" Irene asked. Remembering your talk with Yeri earlier, you quickly tried to come up with an excuse.

Stuttering, you tried to answer. "W-well, you see she was- erm, that is, we-"

"We're dating."

You all turned to look at Yeri, her straightforward answer hanging in the air. She reached for your hand, grabbing it and holding it tightly. "Y/N and I are dating."

The following silence was short, before Wendy turned to Irene and Seulgi and squealed excitedly. "I told you guys! It was so obvious!"

"You were right!" said Seulgi, joining Wendy in her enthusiasm.

However, Irene and Joy still hadn't averted their gaze from you. You opened your mouth to assure them that you'd take care of Yeri, but Irene spoke first.

"So, Y/N." She began. "I have to ask, what are your intentions with Yeri?" Both she and Joy stood in front of you, her arms crossed across her chest and Joy with her hands on her hips.

"Intentions? I don't have any inten-"

"Come on, you guys! Intentions? Really?" Yeri cut you off, seemingly embarrassed by the question her older members had sprung on you. "Y/N isn't like that!"

Joy held up a hand to silence her. "Yeri, please. We need to decide if Y/N is good enough for you."

"But I've already decided!" Irene quirked an eyebrow at her determination. She turned to you once again.

"Y/N, you do understand that Yeri is an idol who needs to maintain an image?" She said seriously. "That your relationship can't be made public until Yeri and our company decide it's okay? If you're going to be in a relationship with her, you need to consider your actions very carefully, because not only will they affect you, they'll affect her too."

You contemplated her words. Did you know this? Of course you did, and you knew that you could never do anything to hurt Yeri or her life as an idol.

Glancing around the room, you could see Yeri's members and Yeri herself looking at you expectantly.

"I do know this." You said simply, "and I know it's not going to be easy." You turned to your girlfriend, hooking one of your fingers with hers.

"But she's worth it."

For a moment, there was silence. That quickly changed.

"Oh, come on!"

"Aww!"

"Our Yeri's all grown up!"

"Y/N!" Yeri smacked your arm, but you could see a reddish tint covering her cheeks.

"What? It's true!" You rubbed your arm, chuckling at the embarrassed look on her face.

"You chose well, Yeri." Irene teased, serious demeanor gone. "Y/N even makes you blush!"

"...Don't we have a movie to finish?" Flustered, she quickly walked out of the room, leaving you and the others to follow her.

"Yeri, come back! You haven't even told me when you're getting married yet!" Joy called out. From the living room, you could hear Yeri groan.

"I told you, Y/N! I told you!"