Chapter 6

~ Hannah's POV ~

It's been a few weeks and school has ended. I've researched a lot on the Midnight Man, other folks tales and even things about having crystal eyes. But I haven't found much related to the guy. He could have had contacts but I couldn't find them in the kind he had. I've started naming him Crystal Eyes sense I haven't figured out who he is.

"Yo, Derek I'm gonna go for a jog." I told him as I grabbed my arm band that holds my phone.

"Okay. Be careful and safe." he said then turned back to watching tv. I opened the door and walked out. I headed to the back yard to where the trail, we made for four-wheeling and running, is at. I put in my ear buds and started to jog to the rhythm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I jogged off the trail and into our backyard I noticed a car sitting by the garage. When I walked into the house I seen Jaxson sitting on the couch with Derek, who was looking at him p*ssed.

"Hello Hannah." Jaxson said as he stood up. Derek kept his eyes on him. Derek has hated Jaxson sense the day he heard that Jaxson hit me just for telling him to calm down.

Jaxson and me were at the park just talking and hanging out. When Aidan, Tracy's ex-boyfriend, came up and pushed Jaxson out of the swing he was sitting on and started punching him.

*flashback*

"So your the jerk my girl dumped me for?"  Aidan said as he punched Jaxson in the nose. Jaxson's eyes turned dark as he pushed Aidan off of him and stood up.

"Dude you just made the worse choice." Jaxson said. As Aidan started to stand up Jaxson punched him in the jaw. I could have sworn I heard a cracking noise as he fell back to the ground. Jaxson started kicking Aidan in the gut repeatedly.

"Jaxson stop!" I yelled standing up and running over to where they were. As I looked around I noticed no one was around but us three.

"Jaxson calm down!" I said. Aidan was curled up with a little blood on his face. Jaxson stopped kicking him and got on the ground as he started punching Aidan in the face.

"STOP IT!" I screamed as I tried pulling Jaxson off Aidan but he didn't budge he just continue punching and hitting. Aidian's face was covered in blood. Ok, that's it. I forcefully pushed Jaxson and he fell off. He landed on his butt looking up at me p*ssed off.

It happened so fast. Jaxson stood up keeping his eyes locked on me. He then lifted his hand and slapped me a crossed the face... hard. I looked at him surprised as he stared at me with dark eyes. 

"Jerk!" I mumbled as I walked around him and over to Aidan. Jaxson grabbed my arm, hard enough to leave a bruise, and turned me around to face him.

"What'd you call me?" he growled threw his teeth. I looked him straight in the eyes. I'm not scared of him.

"I called you a jerk! J-e-r-k." I said as I yanked my arm out of his grip. I turned and looked at Aidan who had curled back up holding his gut. Once in a while I would hear a grown in between his heavy breathing.

"Are you ok?" I asked as I kneeled down beside him. I rested my hand on his arm and he flinched. Aidan's eyes slowly opened but he didn't answer.

"Do you think you can stand up?" I asked. I could feel Jaxson's eyes staring at the back of my head. I then heard him sigh.

"Your really gonna help him? The guy who bullied your brothers. The guy who slapped you because Tracy told him to. The guy who has dated Tracy!" he said angrily. I turned around and faced Jaxson. How did he know that he bullied my brother and had slapped me?