Chatper 21

~ Jaxson's POV ~

We got back to the house and Hannah was still breathing. I tried my best to stop the bleeding from the wounds on the way back. They were mostly from a knife but some were from her fighting back. She has one that's overly close to her heart and it was caused by a bullet. A silver one. Luckily it didn't go deep enough to hit her heart or any other organs.

~

I was now sitting in the living room at Liam's, alone. They didn't want me in the room just in case I couldn't control myself if there was blood.

I can sense that they don't trust me but I don't really blame them. The only thing that was letting me know that Hannah was still alive, was the sound of her heart beat. It wasn't the strongest but she was still alive. I tried my best to concentrated on the sound as I sat there. Turned out it was hard for me to do so because all that ran threw my mind was...

"Why did it have to be her?"

I know that sounds selfish but think about it. If it was one of the others or even me, we could heal quicker than she can. Maybe not as quick as normal since it was a silver bullet but still.

The more I thought of what could happen, the more I thought of the night of the fire...

*Flashback*

"Hey boys, can you drive to town and grab some milk? Your sister forgot to tell me before I headed to work this morning?" Our mother yelled up the stairs. I looked over at Damon and grinned.

"First one downstairs is a chicken sh*t and has to ride shotgun!" We both yelled at the same time. We bolted up from where we were sitting and ran down the stairs. Damon and I were coming to the corner that lead into the living room. As we got closer I threw out my foot knocking Damon down and nearly me in the process.

"Your such an a** Jaxson!" Damon yelled but I just continued running. When I got to the entryway I grabbed the keys and headed out the door. As I shut my truck door I seen Damon walked down the porch steps. I smirked at him and locked the doors.

"Unlock the doors... Now!" He said banging his fist against the passenger window. I smirked as I turned the key over and slid the volume up higher.

After a while of looking around and totally ignoring Damon. I then unlocked his door. Before he could close his door I hit the gas.

"Ha ha, very funny." He said in a grouchy tone.

~~~

(On their way back)

"Do you smell smoke?" Damon asked as we went up the last hill to get to our house.

"Yeah, it must just be so-" I began to say but soon stopped as I seen the house in flames. I floored the gas a little trying to get to the house as soon as possible.

As we pulled up our father stumbled down the sidewalk. I hit the brakes nearly bashing my head into the wheel. Damon and I hopped out of the truck and ran up to the house.

"What's going on?" Damon asked freaked out.

"I came home and the house was smoking. I went inside but..." Our father started to say but trailed off. I couldn't take it I ran for the house. There was no way I was leaving my mother and sister in the house. For all I know they could still be alive.

When I went inside I found them in the living room with two fang marks in their neck with no heartbeat. I heard the sound of one of the beams cracking and that's when I blacked out.

The next morning I woke up in an unfamiliar room with the same type of bite on my neck.

*End of Flashback*

Everyday I always think, "What if I didn't d**k around? Would my Mother and Tracy still be alive?"

"Yo, Jackson!" Someone said. I turned around to see Caleb standing in the doorway to the basement.

"Ya?" I asked as I stood up. "How is she?"

"She's doing good, thanks to you. Aidan told me how you found her." He said looking to the ground then back up. He walked over and sat in the couch across from the one I was sitting in. The room became silent as I sat back down. "You really like her don't you?"

"Yeah, I do." I sighed out. "Every since what happened that one night, I haven't been close to anyone.... But there's just something about Hannah that I'm drawn to." I said leaning forward so I could rest my elbows on my knees. A few minutes went by and we started to hear footsteps running up the stairs.

"Hey guys she's awake." Derek said from the doorway of the basement then he disappeared down the step. I looked over to Caleb and he stood up. He walked over to the basement then looked back at me.

"Come on, you can come down now. I have a feeling I can trust you since you saved my sister's life." With that Caleb disappeared down the stairs just like his brother. I followed behind him to th bottom of the stairs. We walked into the family room to see all the guys standing and sitting around.

"She said she wanted to talk to Jaxson." Liam said. I nodded as he pointed toward a closed door.

I walked in and seen Hannah laying out on a bed with dark navy covers. Her skin was become a pale white. The way she laid there reminded me of when I seen Clarie take her last breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hannah is alive 😊

Comment and Vote if you'd like,

Thank you 🎀