Delivery Ready

Ignoring the pulsing pain in her back, she scrambled from the floor, ripping her dress from her skin and twisting the faucet. Water gushed from the spout, ice-cold. Still, she jumped in, hissing as the water lapped at the new scratches on her back. The water matted down her hair in seconds, water-falling down her neck and onto her battered body. The bruises dressed her like a second skin, yellow, blue, black, and purple pulsing all over her flesh.

Sighing through her nose, she brushed away her hair, tenderly but quickly washing the wound on her head. Already, the water around her tinted red, water dripping crimson from her chin. Squirting a few glops of shampoo into her hand, she massaged it into her scalp, wincing when the shampoo stroked her wound, leaving a piercing sting in its wake. 

Once she had raked out all of her knots, she rinsed the shampoo from her hair, massaging conditioner into its place. As it worked, she rubbed water over her body, washing away years of dirt, pain, and grim. When she finally rinsed out the conditioner, her teeth were chattering, clacking against each other with enough force to crack them. She quickly left the tub, puffing as she forced it onto its side. The tinted red water swirled down the drain. Because there was no towel, she used her old dress to scrub her body dry.

With a sharp click, the door popped open. Startled, Grace nearly dropped her make-shift towel, scrambling to cover her body. 

A soft voice echoed from behind the door. "Don't worry, it's just me." 

The timid blonde popped her head into the doorway, slipping into the room and shutting the door with a soft click. A sigh of relief emptied Grace's lungs. The blonde swallowed, clutching a bundle of fabric in her arms. Noticing the bundle, Grace tilted her head, pointing to it.

"I-It's your new clothes." The timid girl whispered, handing them to her. "You only have 4 minutes to get dressed." 

Nodding, Grace took the fabric by the shoulders, unfurling it. Undergarments and a skirt fluttered to the ground, the, what Grace now knew as a single shirt, rippling as it swayed. 

The shirt was pure white, the sleeves long, and a low-cut neckline. Looking down at the rest of the clothing, she noticed the skirt was a high-waist, plaid skirt, colors of cocoa brown, thin white lines, and blue. The underwear was nothing special, then again, neither was she. 

Grace smiled, turning to the girl only to find her already halfway out the door. "A-And by-- by the way," A small smile graced her lips. "I, I don't think we'll have to worry about the shop owner anymore." 

Before Grace could question her, the door clicked shut once again, leaving her alone in the large room. With a shake of her head, she dressed, frowning when the neckline reached past her breasts, showcasing the deep curves. There was no way she was going to leave the room like this, not with this much for show.

An idea popped into her head as she glanced at her discarded gown. Taking the fabric, she tore off a large strip. Tucking it around her breasts, she stared down at her work, smoothing out as many creases as she could. Another knock came on the door as she nodded in approval. 

"Hurry up, pet. We need to get you in the delivery truck." A deep voice barked. 

Grace rushed to the door, pulling it open. An instant later, the leash clipped around her neck, yanking her from the room and into the store. It was empty now, even the other pets were gone. She was dragged from the shop, led to another door that she had never seen. Beyond it was a barren, large room, other pets from the first round sitting against the walls. Battered leashes hung from low hooks, clipped around every neck. 

Grace looked up at her captor. 

It was a werewolf man, his hair a cocoa brown shade, his skin a lighter shade of tan. He gathered two more leashes, pulling the girls to their feet. "Let's go, pets! You're all getting delivered early." 

Two other werewolf men appeared, taking two leashes and pulling the girls roughly to their feet. The girls followed silently, head hung submissively. Grace's hands clenched when she recognized many of them, mostly the most obedient girls, the ones Shop Owner favored. Their eyes were glassy, nearly lifeless as they staggered after the men. They were led to a separate door, the hinges shrieking when forced open. Sunlight pierced Grace's eyes, her hand rising to bloke the unfamiliar rays. It had been years since she had felt the sun on her face, and even longer to feel warm concrete on her feet. Breathing deeply, she savored the fresher air, warmth creeping up from her toes.

A large delivery truck waited nearby, it back already open wide. Some girls next to Grace began to whimper, shivering as their steps faltered. Their handlers yanked their leashes, snarling. A glare took over Grace's eyes. The poor girls were scared. They couldn't help the reaction. Still, they arrived at the truck, two more werewolf men already waiting inside. 

One by one, girls were dragged inside, shoved into tiny, steel wire cages. A young werewolf, his head clustered with inky-black hair grabbed Grace's arm, a smirk on his lips. "Lucky dude, whoever bought you." He shrugged as he led her into the dark truckbed. "Kinda wish he didn't." 

Grace turned up her head, raising an eyebrow in question. A breathy chuckle left his lips as he lowered them to her ear. "I know you, the mute girl. And the reason I wish he didn't buy you is," His lips brushed the shell of her ear. "So I could make you scream myself." 

Horror took over Grace's stomach, her body lurching as she tried to escape him. A laugh echoed from his throat. Opening a cage door, he shoved her inside, locking it. A crude smirk was on his lips. 

"By the way, my name's Tanner. Just in case." 

Still gaping in horror, she watched as Tanner jumped from the truck bed, the large metal door rattling as it closed them in. Relief flooded Grace's chest. That's right. The rule. If a pet went unpurchased for more than five years, they could be given to employees, instead of wasting money with butchering.

The truck rumbled to life, lurching forward. Muffled sobs and whimpers filled the truck bed, prayers drifting to the sky for any type of God to hear. Grace curled into a ball, trying to drown out the sobs of everyone around her.