Girl Time

Mate......

Mate......

Mate.......

The word spun on repeat. Her eyes staring at nothing. Mate..... Mate..... Mate.....

Soon, she would be nothing but a pet, a single speck of dust on her Master's shoe. Soon, he wouldn't even spare her a glance, shoving her into a cage in the far corner of his room, leaving her cold and lonely. Soon, the only time she would ever see the kind, loving sparkle in his eyes would be when he gazed into the eyes of his beloved.

Mate.......

Mate.......

Mate.......

"Grace? Are you okay?"

She blinked, shaking her head. She turned to Hammy, giving a small smile. Anne furrowed her brows from across the cafe table, her cup of green tea steaming below her neck.

"That's the third time you've spaced! Do you feel alright?"

Grace sighed.

"I'm okay, just tired." She signed.

"She said she's just tired." Marcie, who sat to the right of Anne translated, shaking her head.

Grace gave a thank you smile. Things at the mansion have become awkward between Grace and her.... soon-to-be-ex lover. After he had declared that he would be finding his forever lover in less than a month, she had broke into tears. She ran to Marcie, in so much distraught she briefly forgot her sign language. Panicked, Marcie declared that they would have an all girls day tomorrow and the next, just to get Grace's mind from the upcoming heartbreak. So, she had invited her friends to a small get-together. Now they sat at Hammy's mother's cafe, sipping on drinks to pass the time.

Grace took a sip of her vanilla milkshake, the sweet taste dancing on her taste buds.

"Maybe we should go dress shopping!"

She looked across the table, blinking at Francise, who took a gulp of tea. Surprisingly, when Grace had broken down, she had comforted her, volunteering to come along.

"I think that's a great idea!" Anne said, clapping her hands excitedly.

Hammy smiled, nodding her head. They all turned to Grace.

"What do you think? Wanna go?" Marcie asked, smiling at her gently.

She nodded, eager for something to take away her depressing thoughts.

Mate.......

Mate.......

Mate........

She sighed.

*********

Hours passed and they walked out of a store, bags dangling from their arms. They laughed as Hammy explained how a shy boy stumbled and fell when about to ask her out.

"And now that sweetheart is my boyfriend!" She stated proudly, raising her chin.

Grace snickered, signing to Marcie. She snickered also.

"Grace said she hopes he can keep up with you."

Hammy laughed, shaking her head as the group of girls made their way into a dress shop, the colorful silks shining in the light.

Francise hopped her way into the front of the group, spreading her arms wide.

"Choose whatever dress you want! My treat!"

Grace blinked, shocked as Anne, Hammy and Marcie cheered, bolting into the store. Grace smiled, tapping her chin once and lowering her hand.

"Thank you." She signed, slipping past her to walk the lines of silk and satin.

The dresses she saw were short, perfect, just her style. She scanned the racks, pausing when her eyes fell on a sparkling white dress. She smiled, lifting it by the hanger.

The dress was pure white, a large clear crystal against the midsection, silk wrapping around the whole. The skirt was lace, fluffy like the head of a tulip. A lace strap protruded from the crystal, going over the left shoulder of the hanger. Turning her head, her gaze fell on a pair of black heels, ribbon falling from the sides.

Eager, she plucked them from the shelves, rushing to the nearest changing room. Quickly, her clothing was stripped from her skin, the white material of the dress squeezing perfectly against her body. The heels added another four inches to her 5'2 height, the ribbons wrapping around her ankles when she tied them.

She stared into the mirror, grinning from ear to ear. It was perfect, the right size and fit. She twirled in place, relishing in the soft feeling of lace against her skin as it flared around her. Hunter would have loved--

She stopped, her lips pulling into a frown. Her shoulder slumped.

Why bother? Showing him the dress will only add to her pain. He'll be too busy with preparing himself for his mate that he probably won't care.

A knock sounded from outside.

"Hey Grace are you done changing? We wanna see it!"

She blinked.

"We saw you rush into the changing room." Francise's voice came, chuckling.

She sighed, smiling. Turning to the door, she twisted the knob, tugging the door open before stepping out.

Everyone stared, eyes wide. Anne was the first to speak, her eyes shimmering gleefully.

"It's gorgeous!" She squealed, hopping in place.

Marcie nodded, Hammy raising a thumb. Francise smirked, nodding also in approval.

"It's amazing home girl!" Hammy said, slinging an arm over her shoulders. "Lets buy it and head out, I'm starving!" She turned to look at everyone else. "How about we go to the arcade?!"

Everyone agreed, making their way towards the cashier, dresses slung over arms. Grace slipped into the changing room, allowing the dress to fall from her body, turning into a pile of silk and lace. Her eyes glanced towards the mirror. She hesitated, reaching out a hand to press against the cool glass, her other lifting to ghost over the scars on her neck. She shook her head before dressing, gathering her dress and shoes before heading out towards the others. She pushes the thought of Hunter away, placing him in the back of her mind.

Just for later.

*********

FINALLY!! THIS CHAPTER IS DONE AND OVER WITH!! I AM SOOOOO SUPER SORRY FOR THE WAIT YOU GUYS!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STICKING WITH IT AND BEING PATIENT WITH ME IT REALLY MEANS A LOT!!

ENJOY!!