Dungeons

The bed was soft, cold. She stared at the white sheets, fiddling with them as she thought. 

It's been only a day since Hunter had drank the tonic and nearly taken her innocence. She was grateful to Ryan, Matthew and Willy, who had been the one to sink the syringe into Hunter's neck. They had received a phone call from Matthew saying Grace was Hunter's beloved and will most likely be taken to his mansion to complete the bonding process. Willy had called Ryan and Matthew to help her only seconds after ending the call with Matthew. The liquid that had been sprinkled across the room was holy water, taken from Willy's cupboards in the infirmary just in case of emergencies like this. After Hunter had been detained, 

The door clicked open, bringing Grace from her thoughts. It was Willy and Marcie. They gave her both a tired smile as they closed the door. 

"How are you feeling?" Willy asked, settling down on the edge of the bed. 

Grace shrugged. She truly didn't know how to feel. She was grateful, but at the same time, she felt empty.

"I don't know how to feel." She signed, continuing to stare at the sheets. Marcie translated her words. 

Willy nodded, scribbling something down on the clipboard resting on her arm. 

"That is understandable. You not only found out that you're a vampire's beloved, you witnessed said beloved murder his father and a few others, nearly lost your innocence and witnessed your beloved getting knocked out by a close friend all in the span of a few hours. Not to mention, the bond makes it especially hard to be separated from your lover." 

Grace nodded. The last few hours of yesterday were shocking and scarring all at the same time. Suddenly, she remembered. 

"What will happen to the Kingdom?" She asked. 

They paused, as if not expecting the question. Marcie rubbed her neck. 

"There's no doubt about it, Hunter will become the new king." 

Grace's eyes widened.

"He will?"  She asked, shock painting her face. 

Marcie and Willy nodded. 

"He killed the king, and by ancient vampire law, he will take the throne. He won the right." Willy explained. "Usually, since we've outgrown our more savage instincts, it's done by the King retiring and giving it to the eldest. But," Willy sighed. "The eldest hasn't been seen in a century. He ran off a long time ago. If things had gone normally, Prince Callan would have taken the throne."

Grace nodded, confused at their grim expressions.

"Grace, that means you will be Queen."

Grace froze.

"Queen...?"

Marcie nodded. 

"You're his beloved, his, mate. It's only natural." Marcie settled on the edge of the bed. "Hunter's father is, was, the king of this whole area. Including where you two met. So, he's practically the president." 

Grace swallowed past her dry throat. Queen.... she was going to be a queen. The thought felt weird. She was a pet, before anything, including Hunter's beloved, she was a pet. No one, even other pets, will approve, especially the vampires. They trump everyone, including the werewolves and demons. Their rule had been strictly vampire mates for the last six years, probably for a millennium before they overran the human race. 

"Anyway," Willy sighed, lifting herself from the bed. "I need to get back to the clinic, there are a lot of slaves and servants that got caught up in the panic, and there wasn't enough room in the King's mansion's infirmary so they started sending some here." She began to leave. "I need to--"