Tonic

"You seem down my lady." 

She blinked, looking up to find Tyler by her side, dressed in a crisp black tux. She smiled at him, turning her head to stare back at the mingling vampires. She ran her hands over the material of her dress.

"Are you alright milady?" He asked softly, leaning over to peek into her line of vision. 

A sigh passed her lips, placing a smile on her face as she shook her head.

"I am fine." She signed. 

Tyler shook his head in disbelief, a small frown on his lips. The party had been in full swing since that early morning. Now, the day was nearly twilight. Vampires flooded the ballroom, a spacious area with a dome ceiling and gold walls. Cake and presents had been at noon, where Hunter found her two presents she had wrapped. A new set of emerald green earrings, and a small portable stereo. They were tiny gifts, unnamed, and many of the vampires seemed horrified that he had gotten such petty things for such an important event. And yet he had been kind, taking out the snake earrings he had gotten from Grace during Christmas and tucking them safely away before slipping the new pair into his ears. He had opened the rest of his gifts, each one grander than the last. After the cake, which Grace was sadly forbidden to eat, a large party was announced before the official tonic was given.

Now, Grace simply stayed in the corner, watching vampires young and old mingle and laugh, slaves and pets staying respectively on the sidelines or by their master's sides, heads hung low. Grace eyed the hundreds of vampire women frolicking around Hunter, who simply stood there with a light smile. Grace felt a stab of jealousy. 

"My lady," Tyler grabbed her attention. "You're troubled. Why don't you come and have some treats from the table?" 

Tyler pointed to a nearby snack table, covered by treats and soft satin. She shook her head again.

"I am alright Tyler." 

He sighed and shook his head, stepping to block her view of Hunter. A sting poked at her heart, but she pushed it away. She focused on Tyler's brown eyes, his brows furrowed with concern.

"My lady, if I may ask, what's got you so down?" He asked, leaning a hand against the wall beside her head. 

She bit her lip, discomfort coiling in her chest as she wrung her hands. Tyler still made her weary, even after she had deemed the...kiss, they had shared as nothing but his 'practice'. 

"I'm just still upset that I am no longer going to be very important in Hunter's life, that's all."  She signed, avoiding his eyes. 

His lips pulled further into a frown, his brown hair flaring around his head as he shook it. 

"I apologize for your discomfort milady." He said, staring gently into her eyes. "If...you will allow me," He cupped her cheek, leaning in slightly. "I could distract you?" 

She blinked as he slowly leaned towards her. His gaze was frozen on her lips. She swiped her tongue across her bottom lip, sinking her teeth into the tender flesh. Technically, it should be fine. She was no longer in a relationship with the Prince, and...it wasn't like he was going to care after tonight. Besides, it was probably what she needed, something to take her mind off of her ex-lover. She stayed frozen, allowing her eyes to flutter shut as Tyler placed his soft lips against her own, moving them lovingly. She loosely wrapped her arms around his neck, allowing him to take control as he wound his arms around her waist. He pressed his lips against her harder, just a tad. A groan passed his throat as he slipped his tongue into her willing mouth, tasting her. She cupped the back of his neck, playing with strands of his hair, trying to distract herself from the wet muscle in her mouth.