Welcome Home

She sighed. It's been three days since Hunter left. Sure she had Tyler, but he would come and go since he had duties to uphold. So, since she had no other source of company, she allowed herself to lose herself in the the music from Hunter's stereo.

Her hips swayed from side to side, her feet dancing gracefully across the carpet. Her hair flared around her, trailing behind her like a banner with every twirl she made.

Dancing was her passion, had been ever since she was little. She loved the way the beat pounded in her feet and the music filled her ears until all that crossed her mind was the melody and rhythm. As the song ended she swayed once more and ended the dance, panting and hot.

She made her way to the bathroom, wanting to take a shower since she's been dancing for two hours straight, trying to rid herself of the boredom and loneliness.

She stripped her clothing, turning on the water and stepping in, waiting only for the water to warm slightly. She began to scrub herself clean, lathering in shampoo and conditioner as the water ran down her body in waterfalling streams.

She watched the sudded streams run down her pale skin, allowing water to drip from her eyelashes. Gingerly, she brushed her fingers against the bite scars on her neck, shuddering at the memories. It's true she didn't fear him, but he did make her weary of him. His gaze always seems to stare into her soul, reading every secret and hearing every thought in her mind. Her body squirmed involuntarily.

She sighed and turned off the water, grabbing a fluffy white towel and wrapping it tightly around her body. She stepped out from the bathroom, peeking into the bedroom, just in case. She hurried to the closet where all of her clothing was kept alongside Hunter's. The closet was wide and a walk-in, so she had more than enough room to change. She closed the closet door, allowing the towel to fall.

"Candy I'm home!" A deep voice called from the room.

She froze, her eyes widening in horror.

"Candy? Where are you?!" His voice called again.

She began to scramble for clothing, dressing in undergarments and taking a powder blue open-shoulder sweatshirt shirt with flowing sleeves and a flaring purple skirt. She tensed as his footsteps thudded towards the closet. She scrambled into the clothing. The door slammed open just as she pulled the skirt up to her waist.

"Candy--" His frantic voice, stilled, his eyes widening as he took in her form, still gently wet from the shower, her hair clinging to the shirt and her neck, dripping. Her face was flushed and nervous. His gaze went from her body, to the towel laying behind her, to her again. "W-Were you...." He didn't finish the sentence.

Getting the meaning, she flushed darker, slapping her hands over her face as she nodded. He swallowed, licking his lips nervously. He cleared his throat.

"Oh...ok. Well, I just wanted to tell you that the meeting went well, and that they allowed me to come home early. Usually these things take at least a week for some stupid reason. I don't really know why since its just about how much blood we are allowed to take this year and how to keep the human population at a steady supply." He rambled, scratching the back of his neck.

She blinked, watching him fidget and ramble. He seemed more nervous about nearly seeing her naked than she was, which was quite funny if you thought about it. His cheeks were a small shade of pink, and his hand was fidgeting from inside his pocket with his head lowered. She smiled, stepping forward and placing her hands on his cheeks, lifting his head and smiling gently. He stared at her for a moment before sighing, placing a hand over one of her own and taking the other in his grasp. He kissed the back of her hand.

"It feels good to be home." He said quietly.

She smiled. He suddenly yawned, his fangs glinting in the closet lights. Taking her finger, she traced on his chest.

S-L-E-E-P?

He nodded, wrapping his arm around her waist and guiding her towards the bed. She tilted her head.

"You're sleeping with me, Candy." He said.

Her eyebrows rose as he sat on the edge of the bed, wrapping her arms around her waist and pulled her, resting her face in the crook of his neck and shifting onto the bed so that she lay beside him. Her cheeks tinted pink.

Yawning, he nuzzled his face into her neck, kissing her shoulder.

"Rest well Candy."

Her eyes were wide, surprised with the gentle affection. His gentle snores reached her ears and she sighed, hesitantly slipping her hands into his hair and allowing sleep to take her.