03 • Hotdog Pillow

The sun was just starting to set on the horizon, painting the darkening sky in rose and lilac hues, when Lisa woke up from her short nap

The sun was just starting to set on the horizon, painting the darkening sky in rose and lilac hues, when Lisa woke up from her short nap. She was disoriented for a second before everything that happened in the past couple of hours dawned on her.

The girl was still having a difficult time believing her reality. Saying that she was heartbroken was an understatement.

Just yesterday, she was having a chill afternoon with Chaeyoung. And now, she was in God-knows-where with global superstar, Jeon Jungkook. It all felt like a nightmare. It all still felt like a dream.

Speaking of the global superstar...

Lisa went out of the bedroom to find the bungalow empty. It was Jungkook who told her to get some rest hours ago and now, he was nowhere to be seen.

It was already atrocious that the two of them were brought to an isolated island by a delusional fan, but to be left alone in the middle of nowhere was unimaginable.

The girl decided to go out of the beach house to look for him, her watery eyes making it hard for her to see where she was going. She was seconds away from another hysteric episode.

As if the good heavens heard her prayers, she finally caught a glimpse of the boy. Jungkook was walking towards the house, his focus still on the guide book in his hands.

He stopped in his tracks upon noticing her presence by the door. "Rested well?"

"Don't do that." As much as she did not want to cry again, her eyes hurt so much as it is, she could not stop it when the tears started streaming down her face. "Please, don't ever do that again."

His eyes widened with surprise, "don't do what exactly?"

"Leaving me like that," she wiped the tears away, "I was so afraid that you left me all alone here."

Jungkook looked at her with pity. "It's okay, Lisa. I just went for a walk to scout the place."

Suddenly feeling embarrassed for her overreaction — something she tends to do — she continued under her breath, "sorry. I'm just really scared right now."

"I understand. No need to apologize," Jungkook mumbled as they went back inside the house, "you must be hungry. I'll heat up the leftover food."

Although she had zero appetite, Lisa knew she had to at least eat something to keep herself sane. She nodded in response. Taking a seat at the dining table, Lisa quietly observed the boy in front of her as he got plates and pans from the cupboard.

Jeon Jungkook.

What did she really know about this idol?

He was Bangtan's youngest member.

He was a fellow '97 liner, too.

He can sing, dance, and rap.

He was a promising photographer, videographer, and editor. The girl had watched a few of his Golden Closet Film videos on Youtube.