09 • Son of Apollo

It had been four days since Jungkook found himself trapped on an island with the Thai princess

It had been four days since Jungkook found himself trapped on an island with the Thai princess. It also meant that it had been four days since he last worked out.

It was no secret that Jungkook got more and more interested in staying fit as the years passed; exercising was a source of happiness for the male idol. And right now, there was nothing he'd rather do than get his heart racing and blood pumping again.

Lisa was still engrossed with watching the Korean drama when he excused himself to go to the small gym at the back of the house.

Upon entry, he found himself inside a mirror-covered room containing various types of machinery including a treadmill, a bench press, a pull-up bar, dumbbells, boxing gloves and a punching bag. This set-up was pretty limited as compared to what he was used to, but, it was better than nothing.

After changing into more comfortable clothes, Jungkook went straight to work and started first with his daily 240 push-ups. Since he slacked off for days, he pushed himself to do at least 400 this time.

The familiar burn of his muscles was back after an hour in the gym. Satisfied with his hard work for the day, he promised to not slack off anymore while he was on the island.

Working out had become a routine in his life and for the next 26 days, he needed to do something he was accustomed to to keep himself sane. After all, he was known as Bangtan's muscle pig for a reason.

•••

The girl was down to the last two episodes of her Korean drama when her stomach growled in hunger. Rubbing her belly, she went at the back of the house to visit her companion.

"Jungkook, what are we eating for lun— oh my god." The moment she entered the small gym, she was assaulted by a vision that could only be considered unlawful.

The boy in question was lying down the bench press... in a white tank top. His collarbones and ridiculously toned arms are in full display and were covered in sweat.

In a split second, her mind had gone haywire.

Is this the reason why people call him the Golden Maknae? Because he's golden all over?

Is he the son of the Greek God Apollo?

Why do I feel thirsty all of a sudden?

"Earth to Lisa..." the male idol mumbled, pulling her out of her reverie. Jungkook was already standing up, a small towel wrapped around his shoulders and a small smile etched on his lips.

Her stupid mouth, on the other hand, was gaping like a fish. "Huh?" She tried collecting her thoughts, but failed miserably.

"Are you okay?"

"No," Lisa answered too quickly.

The boy seemed a little worried now. "Do you feel sick then?"

"No?" Oh good Lorde, I was dropped too many times as a baby and it shows.

"Uh, okay," Jungkook uttered, looking baffled. She could not blame him, really. "Were you going to say something?"

Her last two brain cells decided to work together and not let her shame herself even more. "Ah, yes! I'm starving! What are... we uh... going to eat for lunch?"

"There are pre-made lasagna in the fridge. I'll heat them up in a second."

"No! I'll do it," she suggested.

Jungkook chuckled at that, his forehead knotting in mock worry. "I don't think so. You might burn the house down for real this time."

Lisa grimaced; people shading her for her lack of cooking skills was kind of getting old already. She had a sassy comeback ready at the tip of her tongue. However, she decided to shut up just this once for more pressing issues were literally staring her in the face.

Jungkook's white shirt was soaked in sweat, and certain body parts were peeking through the garment.

Code. Red. Must. Retreat!

"Yeah, whatever." Rolling her eyes at him, she scrambled out of the small gym in a hurry.

As a simple girl with a fragile heart, she vowed never to go back in there when Jungkook, son of Apollo, kept attacking her like that.

End of Chapter 9