12 • Lisa and Jungkook

At exactly twelve noon, the telephone rang, startling Lisa and Jungkook who just finished eating their lunch

At exactly twelve noon, the telephone rang, startling Lisa and Jungkook who just finished eating their lunch. The boy immediately answered the call. "Hello?"

The robotic voice of Siri filled the other line. "Good afternoon, Mr. Jeon. I hope you two liked my gift."

"We did," he answered.

"I'm glad to hear that. I would like to ask something from you and Ms. Manoban in return. I need you two to record a video message for the rest of BTS and BLACKPINK. To do that, you must plug in the webcam into the television and I will be recording it from there. You both only have a minute to convey your message. Kindly note that you're not allowed to say anything about the island. If you do, I will just edit it out from the video. Please call me when you are ready." With that, Siri ended the call.

Jungkook repeated everything their kidnapper said to the girl, leaving them both baffled.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god," Lisa chanted, her sudden excitement was infectious. "We only have a minute, we need to make each second count! I have so much to say to my members."

Jungkook agreed, his mind overflowing with thoughts he wanted to tell his members, too. "What are you going to say to them?"

The girl grew quiet, contemplating. "Well, I know they're worrying themselves to death because of me. I want them to know that I will survive this kidnapping no matter what. Jisoo-unnie didn't raise me to be weak."

He could not help but smile a little at what he just heard. Lisa was a total cry-baby, the boy knew that fact now, but she was also the strongest person he met.

"Same here," said Jungkook, remembering the pain that coursed through him at the sight of his members in tears, "it was torturous to see my members crying because of me. Namjoon-hyung is even blaming himself for what happened to us. He has too much on his plate already."

Half an hour later, Lisa had turned the webcam on and the two of them seated themselves on the cramped sofa.

"Ladies first," he whispered to her ear, noticing how she seemed more vibrant today. When the minute started, they bowed in greeting to their older members first.

"Unnie-deul, Chaengie, and Bangtan sunbaenims, we have watched your videos this morning. Please do not worry so much about us. Jungkook-ssi and I," Lisa turned to look at him, her brown orbs reflecting so much trust and kindness, "we're eating healthily and the kidnapper has been treating us well."

"Hyung-deul," Jungkook started, "none of these are your fault. Lisa-ssi is right. Believe me when I say that I—we're going to be okay. We have each other now and we promise to return home safely."

"I love you Jisso-unnie, Jennie-unnie and Chaeyoung. Please tell my mom and dad that I love them so much, too." Lisa's voice wavered, she sounded like she was close to crying again. But, she managed to chuckle heartily, lightening up the mood. "Do not overfeed my cats, Rosie, okay?"

"Please do me a favor, please tell my family and Sejin-hyung to not worry about me too much." Jungkook hesitated for a millisecond, he was never the type to talk about his feelings so openly. Still, the boy managed to say, "I love you, hyung-deul, and I promise to take care of your maknae, BLACKPINK noona-deul."

He stared directly at the webcam. He hoped that they could see and feel his sincerity through the camera lenses.

"We'll see you all soon!" The girl quipped in before the minute finally ended.

They looked at each other smiling.

"We did it!" The girl yelled, "our message is short and sweet but direct to the point!"

The genuine smile on Lisa's beautiful face took his breath away. This was the first time he saw her truly happy and it was making him feel some kind of way.

Then, the most amazing thing happened. Lisa took him by surprise when she abruptly wrapped her arms around his torso, hugging him tight. "Let's keep our promises to them, Jungkook, alright?"

"Okay," Jungkook whispered to her ear. Having Lisa in his arms like this felt phenomenal. He hugged her tighter.

If he was destined to faced this predicament, he was glad it was Lisa Manoban he was stuck on an island with.

She was the 'Lis' to his 'Kook' and he would not have it any other way.

•••

The kidnapper stared at the video flashed on her computer screen.

Little did Lalisa and Jungkook know, she didn't stop recording their video message after the one-minute mark.

She kept the video rolling until the sweetest scene unfolded in front of her.

The two of them hugged each other for a long moment before Lisa laughed out loud at what Jungkook whispered to her ear, breaking their contact.

The kidnapper saved the two-minute footage in two flash drives and turned to her partner-in-crime. "Send these to Seoul."

End of Chapter 11

Author's Note:

We are going ✈️ fluff town! 🤗🤗🤗

What's your favorite song from the KTL album? Mine is "Don't Know What To Do." 🖤💗🖤💗

Goodness, I'm so excited for Bangtan's comeback next! We ArmyBlinks stay winning, no matter what others say. I love you all!

Edit: Just saw Bangtan's teaser. Omg, we had 'Kill This Love' and now, we will have 'Boy with Luv'??? Yo, BLACKTAN will be the death of us, for real.

Love,
Alaska