24 • Cry

It was late in the afternoon when Lisa found Jeon Jungkook by the beach

It was late in the afternoon when Lisa found Jeon Jungkook by the beach. He seemed oddly at peace, his eyes never leaving the indigo and marigold streaks scattered across the skyline.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked after she plopped down clumsily beside him.

"Not really," she admitted, hugging her knees to her chest. The girl just woke up from a quick nap, but even a few hours of sleep did nothing to ease her mind. "Sorry for freaking out on you this morning."

"Nice... choice of words," Jungkook grinned sheepishly to himself, "but, you can freak out on me anytime you need to."

Her memories of their second night on the island came to mind then. It was after they had lost their way around the forest, got into a nasty fight, and didn't speak to each other for the rest of the evening. It was the night she first saw him cry.

A sharp ache blossomed across her chest as she remembered just how he hid his moment of vulnerability from her and the rest of the world.

"You can freak out on me, too," offered Lisa, albeit shyly, "just so you know."

"Let's freak out together, then," his brown eyes glinted with mirth; their familiar easygoing dynamic coming into play.

"Yeah, let's do it," she encouraged jokingly.

"Right here, right now," he kidded back.

But then, why freak out together when we can get freaky together? "But then, why freak out together when we can get freaky together?"

His brows furrowed in confusion for a long second. "What?"

Did I just say that out loud?! She could feel a warm blush spreading across her cheeks despite the cool gust of wind reaching their little corner of the island. "What?"

A ghost of a smile appeared on his lips. "Did you just say get frea—"

Ah, crap. What she needed now was to distract him. And distract him, she will.

Before he could fully process her question, she threw him another one, "what's your biggest regret, Jungkook?"

He seemed taken aback by the sudden turn of her queries, "come again?"

"We're not finished yet with our game of Twenty Questions last night, right? And if I remember correctly, we still have two remaining questions each, right?" She rumbled on and on. "So, yeah, what's your biggest regret, Jeon Jungkook?"

Thankfully, the boy took pity on her and answered the question by pointing at the scar on the left side of his face.

Lisa stole a glance at the boy's side profile — all sharp jawlines and perfect skin — before her eyes glued on to the faint scar on his cheekbone. "I've been meaning to ask you about this. How'd you get it?"