06 • Crescent Moon

The sun was long gone now and the crescent moon was the only thing providing them with some illumination, albeit barely

The sun was long gone now and the crescent moon was the only thing providing them with some illumination, albeit barely. Jungkook and Lisa were still walking along a dirt path, the meter of space between the two was charged with heavy tension, while the sounds of crickets and rustling leaves floated around them. Unfortunately, their destination was still nowhere in sight.

He took a peek at Lisa for one second and caught sight of her tight expression. For all intents and purposes, she looked done with him and the whole situation. But, Jungkook couldn't bring himself not to care.

Just then, a loud screech and the sound of someone falling clumsily to the solid ground disturbed the awkward silence, startling him. He took a peek at Lisa again and found her in a kneeling position.

Despite everything, the boy walked to her side when he noticed the way she struggled to get back on her feet.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes," she quickly replied.

Upon closer inspection, he finally spotted her scraped left knee. The tight expression on her face was replaced with a look of pain now. The sight made him feel a tad guilty. For what? He didn't know exactly. "Can you walk?"

"Of course, just give me a second." Wincing, she tried standing up again to no avail.

Without hesitation, he scooped her up into his arms, the girl squealing in surprise. As expected, Lisa wasn't too heavy. Carrying her was like carrying Jimin or Taehyung. It was a piece of cake. "Let me know if this makes you feel uncomfortable."

He expected her to complain about their current set-up. However, the girl remained silent and just clung to his neck.

After what seemed like an eternity, he finally saw the faint outline of their new residence in the distance, the soft sound of waves hitting the shore reaching them. "Look, we're almost there." Lisa only looked at the direction he was pointing at and stayed mum.

When they finally entered the beach house, Jungkook made his way to the living room and lowered her down the love-seat sofa. Then, he proceeded to get the first aid kit from the bedroom and returned to her side immediately.

"Thanks," she said in a monotone, opening the small bag of antiseptics and bandages, "I'll take it from here."

The boy remained in front of her for a moment, debating with himself. He wanted to help her out, even when she screamed his ears off earlier that night.

However, he learned from past experiences that when someone was angry at him, he needed to back the hell off and give the person some space. It worked to his favor when it came to his members for years.

Jungkook may not have had much experiences dealing with females, he knew that what he needed to do right now was to give Lisa some time to cool off.

And so with a heavy sigh, he left the injured girl alone and busied himself in the kitchen.

•••

The girl didn't leave the bedroom for the rest of the night and guilt was starting to eat at Jungkook from the inside.

He had cooked two packs of ramen for the two of them, just in case she felt hungry. But, he was apprehensive to go to the bedroom and tell her to eat dinner.

Maybe Lisa's right, he thought sullenly to himself, I should've thought things more thoroughly. I'm not only endangering my life but hers, too, with my half-baked ideas. We're very lucky that we got back to the house with only a scraped knee. It could have been much worse.

More importantly, was I really invalidating Lisa's feelings earlier? That he felt most guilty of.

Jungkook slowly ate his bowl of noodles. Little by little, he was starting to lose his appetite, too. Anxiety was starting to weigh him down.

He could not believe the situation he was in. It was his worst nightmare coming to life: being a thousand miles away from his members, his safe haven, and not being able to do anything about it.

The boy wanted so badly to look at the bright side of things since waking up on the tropical island. But, it was getting harder and harder by the minute. And now that his lone companion will not even eat nor speak with him, the situation was quickly becoming unbearable.

At that moment, all he wanted was to be back home.

At that moment, wet tears started to obscure his vision.

At that moment, Jungkook finally let himself cry.

End of Chapter 6

Author's Note:

I dedicate this chapter to JLC501! Thank you for your comment in the last chapter. I appreciate all of your effort.

Love,
Alaska 💕