04 • DC or Marvel

The cool morning breeze and bright sunlight woke Jungkook up from his slumber

Grunting in annoyance, he swiftly got up to close the window curtains so he could go back to sleep. However, the smell of something burning invaded his nostrils, fully waking him up.

He quickly left the comfort of the bed to investigate and found the small kitchen in a chaotic mess. The culprit, of course, was no other than Lisa Manoban.

"Oh, Jungkook, good morning!" She beamed.

"What's going on in here?"

The girl's face was covered in patches of flour, the kitchen counter was in complete disarray, and there were clouds of smoke emanating from the pan she was holding. "I'm making pancakes."

He watched in horror as the lump of cake batter on the pan quickly turn into a lump of shit before his very eyes. Jungkook couldn't believe that someone was capable of murdering pancakes like that.

"Well, that's at least what I'm trying to do," the girl's eyebrows creased in worry upon noticing Jungkook's reaction.

"Do you know how to cook?"

"Yes? I've watched Jennie-unnie cook pancakes all the time."

Jungkook was the personification of the facepalm emoji right now.

"I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you're going to burn the house down at this rate, Lisa." He gently detached the girl from the stove, "why don't you let me cook instead?"

"I'm sorry!"

The boy quickly took action: scraping off the burnt pancakes and making new ones.

He also watched Lisa in his peripheral vision. The girl looked comical in her current state. She had perched herself atop the marbled counter, bare feet dangling in the air as she sipped from a glass of orange juice.

Cute.

"Oh, by the way, I tried dialing #1 in the phone earlier. Then, a female robotic voice answered. It sounded like Siri." He couldn't help but notice, too, how her adorable baby voice just naturally comes out, even during normal conversations like this.

"What did you say to her?"

"Nothing. I panicked and hung up. Maybe, we can call her together later?"

"Yeah, sure." He answered as he flipped a pancake over. "How many pieces do you want for breakfast?"

"Can I have three please? Thank you."

After cooking six pieces of fluffy pancakes, the boy excused himself to freshen up. When he came back to the dining area, the table was already set up by Lisa.

"I have a question for you, Jungkook."

"Fire away."

"Why do you think fans ship us together?"