16 • Ice Cream

Lisa Manoban, now the self-proclaimed 'island girl', would hangout at the pristine, white-sand beach every chance she got

Lisa Manoban, now the self-proclaimed 'island girl', would hangout at the pristine, white-sand beach every chance she got. And so, that was what she and Jungkook did during the days following their shoot.

They would spend hours on end just listening to music by the beach, taking photos of each other, swimming in the cool waters, or talking about mundane stuff under the coconut trees, as the calming sounds of nature lull them both to sleep. He was happy.

Everything was all fine and dandy in their piece of paradise.

Until it wasn't...

On their fourteenth day on the island, it seemed like Lisa woke up from the wrong side of the bed.

After his morning workout, Jungkook found the girl in the kitchen sipping from her cup of tea, quiet and staring at nothing. Gone were the familiar glint of her big, brown eyes.

"Lisa, are you feeling sick?" He asked, his worry lacing each word.

She looked at him, her cheeky smile was nowhere in sight, "nope, I'm okay."

Something was definitely... not right. "Are you sure?"

"Yes," was her clipped reply before she walked back to their bedroom. Jungkook took a peek at the cup she left behind and saw that she didn't finish her tea, confirming his suspicion that Lisa was nowhere near fine.

The knowledge brought him a wave of panic, remembering the memory from when the girl had a panic attack not so long ago.

He gingerly went to the bedroom to find her under their warm blankets, her back to him. "Do you want to hang out at the beach again today?"

Please say yes.

Lisa shook her head a little and replied in a somewhat cold tone, "please close the door on your way out."

The message was loud and clear; the girl wanted to be left alone.

Jungkook didn't know what happened. They had watched a romantic comedy film together just the night before, and Lisa was all smiles and laughter throughout the movie.

Did he say or do something wrong for her to be this way? Or was she terribly missing her family and friends back home again? His mind was in turmoil.

What was he to do now?

With a heavy sigh and one last look at Lisa, the boy softly closed the door behind him and retreated to the living room.

•••

It was that time of the month again and Lisa, being the drama queen that she was, had zero will to live.

Her uterus was hurting like there was no tomorrow, blood was oozing like a waterfall from her vagina, and all she wanted to do was watch the loneliest films she can find and stuff her mouth with milk tea ice cream.

But there was one problem, no way in hell was she getting out of the comfortable bed and getting the ice cream herself. I guess I'll starve then.

A knock on the door resounded across the room, pulling the girl out of her reverie. It opened to reveal the Jeon Jungkook fresh from the showers.

Annoyance flared through her at the sight of him looking like a snack with his usual ensemble of white shirt and grey sweatpants.

It was just unfair. Here she was, looking like a sad burrito while Jungkook, on the other hand, just stood there looking like the son of Apollo.

"It's almost lunch time, Lisa, what do you want to eat?" He asked, his toned arms were folded across his chest. Was he even aware how distracting his arms were?

"You," she muttered jokingly under her breath.

"What?"

She cooly replied, "I don't have any appetite so please just cook whatever you want to eat."

"Alright." He stayed rooted to his spot by the door, "are you sure you're okay?"

The girl sighed, he was sort of getting in her nerves already with his unending 'are you okay?' questions. Even if she told him that she just wanted to die due to her intense cramps, he wouldn't possibly understand. Men will never understand. "Yes, I am. How many times do I have to repeat myself, Jungkook?"

"Until you tell me the truth," said the boy before sauntering towards the bed and kneeling in front of her. "Did I do something to upset you?"

Her eyebrows scrunched up in confusion, "I'm not mad at you. Where did you get that idea?"

He scratched the back of his neck, seeming a bit embarrassed, "I don't know, I just—," he sighed in exasperation, "please, tell me what's wrong.

Oh, what the hell. "I'm on my period, Kook, okay? My uterus hurts so much and all I want to do is die. Just leave me alone so I can wallow in my self-pity," whined Lisa.

"Oh!" Jungkook's brown eyes widened at her revelation. "So that's why you're acting a bit weird!"

Her eyebrow raised at that, "what do you mean I'm acting weird?!"

But, Jungkook wasn't listening to her anymore. A small grin was etched on his full lips as he gazed at her, "and here I thought, you were mad at me. You should've just told me what was bothering you, Lisa."

"Why should I? My uterus isn't your business, Kook!"

Jungkook wasn't the least bit unfazed and just continued watching her with his soft orbs. "Do you want to eat anything? I can call Siri up and ask her to deliver any of your cravings today."

Perhaps one man did deserve rights.

"I'll think about it," she huffed before murmuring in a gentler tone, "can you bring me some milk tea ice cream please? I don't want to get up from this bed."

Jungkook laughed and tucked her hair behind her ear, "okay. A bowl of milk tea ice cream coming right up."

End of Chapter 16