18 • Pied Piper

There was a not-so-subtle shift in Jungkook and Lisa's dynamic as the days passed

There was a not-so-subtle shift in Jungkook and Lisa's dynamic as the days passed. They had become closer, both emotionally and, she daresay, physically.

It all started during one of their quiet mornings by the sea, when he politely asked if he can play with her gray locks. And she had let him in a heartbeat; because frankly, she wanted him near, too.

She was starting to grow accustomed to his warmth now. These days, he would touch her so often, from her high cheekbones to her cold fingertips; it was like second nature to him.

When they would watch films or just lounge by the shore, he would always lay his head on her lap, too, said it relaxes him. Who was she to deny him such relaxation?

Slowly, her heart was also starting to grow accustomed to his entirety.

It was Day 18 on the island, and Lisa was dragging herself to the back of the house, where Jungkook was most definitely waiting for her arrival. Just the night before, he had bullied her into working out with him.

She reluctantly agreed; if he was her personal chef, then she can be his gym buddy in return.

Upon entering the room, she saw that he had already started his extensive workout. "Good morning, Kook."

He looked up to her, sweat dripping from his temple. The boy was wearing a white shirt and black sweatpants, much to her relief. She didn't want another episode of her blatantly salivating at the sight of his heavenly physique again.

"Wow," he said, staring at her attire. She had worn the only remaining pieces of activewear left on the closet: a white sports bra and grey yoga pants, her gray locks in a high ponytail. "You look amazing."

"Oh, I know," she answered, although she was feeling a bit shy around him all of a sudden, "fun fact: did you know that I'm the hottest member of BLACKPINK?"

Jungkook regarded her with an amused expression, "hmmm, I can see that."

"Hey!" She laughed, "I'm just kidding."

"Are you really?" He bantered back before walking towards the iPod and bluetooth speakers.

She rolled her eyes at that and chose to ignore his comment altogether. "What are we going to do today?"

"We'll do boxing, if you're up for it," said Jungkook as he fumbled with the music.

A playful grin made its way to her lips, "I gotta warn you now, I've been boxing for quite a long time now. Are you sure you can keep up?"