14 • Curious Bunny

The next day, Bangtan's youngest found himself alone in the bedroom

The next day, Bangtan's youngest found himself alone in the bedroom. Lisa Manoban was nowhere in sight.

Looking at the small clock on the bedside table, he saw that it was only six in the morning. His brain still half-asleep, he stalked out of the bedroom in utter panic, thinking that something bad must have had happened for Lisa to be out of bed already.

He could only exhale in relief upon hearing faint hip-hop music coming from the gym. Ever since the day he first worked out, he had never seen Lisa enter that room again. So, why start now?

Curiosity got the best of him. Taking a peek into the room, he took in the sight of Lisa in grey leggings and fitted white shirt that showed her midriff; her gray hair a messy lump atop her head.

For the first time in forever, the boy saw Lisa with her infamous and indestructible bangs in disarray. Even her forehead is cute, he thought to himself.

She didn't even notice him; her focus was solely on the huge mirror in front of her, sweat dripping from her temple, as she danced to an old Cardi B song.

Lisa Manoban was one of the best K-pop dancers today; even Park Jimin had mentioned that fact once or twice before. For the past decade, Jungkook had also been surrounded by phenomenal performers in their industry. Although such displays of incredible talent never failed to amaze him, they didn't surprise him so much anymore.

But, witnessing this now, he could not completely comprehend how a person could move so gracefully yet so sharply to the beat of a song. Each move was light and strong... and rather captivating.

The longer he watched her dance, the more he was starting to think that she was — more or less — the female counterpart of Jung Hoseok. They both have this indescribable flair to their movements, a certain flavor that many dancers like him cannot even dream to have in this lifetime.

Jungkook heaved a defeated sigh, as if I needed any more reasons to like you Lisa...

His sudden train of thought made him pause altogether.

Wait, what?

Before he could divulge some more on his epiphany, the girl finally noticed his presence by the door. With a scowl, she paused the music and strolled towards him, letting Jungkook see her elusive forehead up close.

She squinted her eyes at him. "How long have you been standing there?"

"I just got here," he lied, "why are you up so early?"

"Oh, y'know, just working out. I need to be in shape since we have that bikini shoot later," she cooly replied with a mocking grin.

"You really won't stop with that bikini joke, huh?"

"You're the one who assumed I'm just joking, Jungkook," said Lisa as she turned the music on again.

He made an annoyed face at her through the wall mirror before leaving the gym altogether. She must have seen his playful expression for he could hear her infectious laughter resounding across the room.

When he reached the kitchen, his realization from three minutes ago clouded his mind.

Did he find her attractive? Well, duh...

Did he have a crush on her? Who doesn't...

Did he like her now?

Jungkook frowned at the thought.

If only his members were on the island, they could easily help him make sense of what he was feeling towards BLACKPINK's youngest. They will surely tease him a little bit, Seokjin more than the others, but they would know what to say, most especially Yoongi and Jimin.

And so with a heavy sigh, he retrieved the electric kettle from the cupboard to heat up some water for his companion; Lisa liked drinking tea in the morning.

End of Chapter 14