20 • Twenty Questions

Lisa Manoban's acting capabilities may not be worthy of an Oscar nomination now, but she believed her skills were decent enough to help her come out of dodgy situations unscathed

Lisa Manoban's acting capabilities may not be worthy of an Oscar nomination now, but she believed her skills were decent enough to help her come out of dodgy situations unscathed. Such situations may or may not involve the youngest member of the most renowned idol group in the world today.

Eyes wide like saucers, she asked Jungkook in a sugary tone. "What?"

A sigh. "Did you hear me this morning or not?"

She could tell that the boy wasn't buying her innocent act yet. Curse you delicious strawberry wine for making me a lousy actress! But, she feared not, because Lisa Manoban was nothing if not stubborn.

Shrugging, she took a sip of the alcoholic drink and tried again, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"But, you started acting really weird after my shower this mor—", another exasperated sigh, "c'mon Lisa, just answer the question truthfully please."

Oh... and here you thought you were being subtle all day, Lisa.

Still, she lied through her teeth. "Like I said, I don't know what the heck you're talking about, Jungkook."

But, the boy was relentless. "You did, didn't you?"

Feeling trapped, the girl started debating with her inner demons.

You don't have to tell him anything, Lisa!

Ugh, but I super duper hate lying to my precious Jungkook.

He'll be sad if he finds out. You don't want to see him sad, do you?

Are you blind? He already feels bad, stupid! Woman up and tell him the truth once and for all!

She glanced at the boy; he was playing with the sand in front of him and looking as miserable as she felt. With a resigned sigh, she admitted, "fine, fine, I did hear you."

And just like that, Jungkook slumped into the sand like a wounded puppy, his hair hiding his eyes from her. "Damn it. I'm sorry, Lisa."

"Don't say sorry to me," she begged, "I should be the one apologizing to you."

"I can't show my face to you again," the boy gave a low moan of misery, he wasn't even listening to her anymore, "this is the most embarrassing moment of my life."

"Oh no, Jeon Jungkook," she crawled to his side. When she reached him, Lisa carefully laid his head atop her thighs and he let her.

After running her fingers through his silky hair, she started massaging his strained shoulders. He had muscle pain all day, due to their early-morning boxing session. "It's okay. There's no reason for you to be embarrassed 'coz what I heard means nothing to me. It's my fault that I hangout outside the bathroom when you shower, anyway. I'm so sorry for being a weirdo."