10 • Epiphany

Lisa was having difficulty breathing, her hands shaking on her lap

Lisa was having difficulty breathing, her hands shaking on her lap. With each shallow breath she took, the moisture in her eyes also built up until eventually, the dam broke.

She stared unseeingly at the television, the end credits of the show she just finished watching continued to flash on the screen. All the while, silent tears streamed down her face.

Just a few minutes ago, she was busy swooning over the drama's male lead. Then, her mind became a blank slate. And for the love of all that is holy, she could not comprehend why every fiber of her being was suddenly shaking.

"Jungkook..." she cried, needing the warm presence of the only person that could help her right now.

Lisa could hear the faint footsteps of the boy until his face finally came into view. "Yeah?"

"I c-can't breathe."

Jungkook was kneeling in front of her in an instant, her upper arms in his tight grip. "What happened, Lisa? Are you hurt? Why are you crying?"

Seeing his concerned expression prompted her to weep even more, "I d-don't know." She felt utterly stupid to say that, but it was the absolute truth.

Jungkook did not miss a beat though. "Okay, just follow my lead," he encouraged. "Take a deep breath through your nose and exhale through your mouth slowly. Yeah, that's it. You're doing great. Let's do it one more time..."

They continued breathing in unison for a couple more times until the heavy pressure on Lisa's chest dissipated. The two of them sat in silence, the sounds of the ocean waves outside calming her even more. Gently, he wiped the remnants of her tears away. "Why were you crying?"

"I don't know." Lisa repeated in a small voice.

Jungkook nodded in reply; he did not push any further to which she was grateful for. He then disappeared for a second and came back with a glass of water. A small smile grazed her lips, she would never get dehydrated when Jungkook was around. "Go get some rest, Lisa."

A few moments later, she was tucked under the warm covers of the bed and slowly drifted to sleep.

That afternoon, she dreamt of her parents. The three of them were back home in Bangkok, her mom cooking her favorites in the kitchen, the morning light shining brightly upon her. Her father, on the other hand, was seated beside her in the dining room, drinking a cup of black coffee with one teaspoon of sugar, his favorite.

She dreamt of her members. They were back in the BLACKPINK House, but there was no camera crew around. It was raining hard outside, Hongdae was enveloped in gray fog, and the four of them were lazing around the living room, just watching television and eating chicken wings.

She dreamt of Luca, Leo, Lily, and Louis. Lisa was lying on her bed back at the dorms with the four adorable munchkins sleeping soundly on either side of her. Knowing that they were well-fed and happy, Lisa felt like the proudest cat mom in the world.