+XIX+

"I don't hate you...", her words were slurred as she pointed to me with a pointer finger.

I blinked as she randomly pointed at me. We had been drinking peacefully before she jabbed her finger at my direction.

"I'm a photographer." Her eyes were serious as she spoke. Dollface spoke, but her words were slurred as the alcohol was hitting her harder than I thought it would.

Was she a lightweight?

"I know," I knew well as I listened carefully. She was drunk so she was probably saying nonsense, but I listened anyway. I enjoyed the attention she was giving me, the attention that's usually she would never give me.

She tried standing up and going somewhere before I had pulled her aside and whispered for her to stay. Having her walking when she was this intoxicated was not good.

We were now in a corner, quietly, where no one could bother us nor anyone could be bothered and that suited me fine. It would be much easier to take care of Doll this way.

I looked around. Hoseok Hyung had disappeared and most were gone home. Jungkook had run away at once when his Bunny had called asking for him. It was actually nice to see him so devoted. And Taehyung well had been distracted from the start that he had opted to leave not long after the drinking began.

I went back to the woman's pretty face. For me, Dollface did not hate me and I was fine with that.

"I'm really good..." Her voice choked as she hiccuped and my chest tightened. There was a sadness hidden beneath her words.

"I know," I repeated truthfully to her, "Dollface, I know."

"I'm not a doll, Jimin. I'm not a marionette that people can control. I'm not a thing that is used for other people's pleasure and money." She frowned, her brows knitting together.

"No one is controlling you." I let her speak, letting her tell me the things that she seemed to hide. We all hid things and sometimes it took time for us to even want to express it.

"You think that, but reality is, Jimin you are all just bound to strings—like Pinocchio. They just can't see the invisible lines that bind them."

"Uh-huh..."

Such deep words, like a true photographer, looking at the world in lens that most common public can't see in.

"Like chains...Jimin. You and the rest are chained...", she hiccuped, her words getting more sloshed.

That was when and how I realized that she was alike me. She hid herself behind her lens like an armor. As self defense, as her way of protection, she used the lens to look at the world.

She was so alive though, but I was alive too.

I was living and being with her made my heart pound. When I met her through the camera lens, I measured her, saw her for who she was. And I could feel it. I could feel that she could see me without the facade, without the acting.

But just like the preconception between her and between me, it hindered us...but it protected us too.

The only thing left was for the both of us to reveal parts of each other that is hidden. And when that happened, when that occurs...I would be reborn.

🐻

I brought her to my place. There was no other place, except mine to take to.

Doll would not tell me where she lived so I had no choice, when she closed her eyes and consciousness fell, I had to carry her away. Into the car, and we were off and we were so close, so close...to reaching my home when she released it all on me.

I stood in front of an empty spot of the parking lot with all that she released to the floor and to me. I stood my feet nearly staggering as she finished coughing and spitting up the last remnants of what was in her stomach.

I sighed as I wanted to just leave. But leaving an intoxicated woman, who was snuggling back into my arms was not really an option so I brought her home—smelly and all.

🐻

Somehow, somehow...I was able to clean her up, her beautiful body exposed as little as possible. I cleaned her up, and finally she was naked, covered with a towel, and wet on my bed.

My exhaustion was at its highest. I could feel my body ache with the desire to rest.

With one last effort I brought a clean shirt for her to wear. One limb in one hole, another in another...until finally she was covered in a shirt, which came to her thighs. It was good enough.

Darkness consumed me as sleep came over and the sands covered my eyes to rest.

🐻

My eyes wandered before opening gently. It felt so warm, and too clingy and I didn't like that. I tried pushing it away, the sheets and all but I heard pained whimper that caused my eyes to shoot open.

And at that moment, I froze....