-t w o-

Ethan's pov
i scroll on instagram for about another solid hour, until i am interrupted by the doorbell. assuming it was emma i speed walk over, excited to see her again. as i open the door she puts down her suitcase, jumps with excitement and hugs me. she must've had multiple coffees. i've never seen her so excited to see me, but it was a great feeling. after about ten seconds she lets go of me as i grab her suitcase and close the door.
gray: finally, about time!
emma: sorry...
emma goes on to explain why she didn't show up at the time we wanted her to. her little rants kept me entertained. after a few minutes of talking, we all get into the car to pick up james.
james: hey kitty girls
emma: hi bitch
james: why the fuck did u take so long bitchass?
grayson and i chuckle in unison.
emma explains again to james why she was late. moments later, she pulls out her vlog camera and starts recording.
emma: hey guys welcome back...today i'm here with my..SISTER SQUAD!
ethan: that's how you start you're videos?
emma: how do you want me to start it?
james: hey kitty girls
emma: ok..HEY KITTY GIRLS or hey guys! which one's better?
we all laugh. before i started to drive i check google maps to see how far we were from our destination, vegas. "we're four fucking hours away"
grayson and james groans..
emma: that's fine we have a lot of talk about
i seemed disappointed about the amount of time it would take to arrive, but honestly i couldn't wait. during the ride, we listened to a lot of music and just talked. it was mainly emma and i doing the talking, which i had absolutely no problem with.
——————-•——————
Emma's POV
james and grayson were literally passed out and delirious in the backseat. ethan and i talked about, everything. it was like as if it was only us talking. soon i started to daze and fall asleep. few minutes later, as ethan was driving i feel a hand on my thigh. i wake up, rubbing my eyes. all i could hear was ethan's soft whispering voice say "shit sorry to wake you up e..". still kind of asleep, i glare at him for multiple seconds, he seemed genuinely concerned for waking me.
——————•—————
Ethan's POV
i see emma start to daze off. i couldn't help but stare. she looked kind of cute when she slept. i place my hand on her thigh, smiling. i probably looked creepy just looking at her. in mid-conversation she fell asleep and she probably hadn't gotten any sleep for days. nothing weird.
after grayson pointed out that i "have a crush on emma", i start to watch myself and how i act around her. what if she thinks i like her? what if i do something too risky and it might give her the idea of us dating? i couldn't let myself ruin our friendship. and if me and her were to date, it would ruin the whole "sister squad" friendship. i haven't been as close to any body as i am to emma, james and gray. i couldn't imagine loosing them in my life, as cheesy as it may sound.