-f i v e-

Emma's POV
fuck. i felt something in my gut that didn't quite feel right. i couldn't look at ethan the way that i had minutes before. he liked me. and maybe i liked him.? my feelings are like a rollercoaster. and my stomach. i try as hard as i could to not blush.
james hands me my drink, iced coffee with almond milk, as always.

emma: thanks kitty girl, i say sarcastically.

i sit at the table near the kitchen and go on my phone. from across the room, grayson hands ethan his drink, i try to not make eye contact. a few minutes later james was filming a "get ready with me" for his channel. i could hear him talking in the bathroom. why not, i say. i walk into the bathroom to be in his video. as james was telling a story, ethan and grayson decided to pop in. i notice ethan didn't have as much energy as usual. when his face was in the camera, he forced a smile, i could tell. he didn't look like himself.

after james filmed the video, we decided to go ziplining. i wanted to sit with james, considering what had happened earlier. but as i was dozing off i hear ethan say "i call sitting next to emma"
i look behind me when he said that and we make eye contact for a second, i smile. grayson sees me look at his brother and he yells "aWwwWwWwW"
ethan: shut the fuck up.
as he says that i see him looking down, blushing.
when we approach the zipline, ethan was quick to make sure i got on safely.
ethan: you got it?
emma: yea bitch, i'm fine
ethan: just making sure
when ethan sits, we make eye contact, once again. i turn around, hiding my smile.
emma: what if we fall? i say jokingly
ethan: dude, we won't i gotchuuuu, he winks at me
emma: EWWW stop

we both start laughing. the lady makes sure we are strapped up in the seats. when we take off, my stomach drops.
emma: oh fUcKkkkkK
ethan starts to laugh. after we get off, james and gray both get on.
———————
we decide to get food afterwards, which was good because i forgot that i needed content for my vlog. when we all go back to the hotel, james is first to the shower. grayson goes in the other bathroom. which means it was just me...and e.
he was outside on the patio, as i open the screen door he turns around.
ethan: hey..
emma: hi
i sit on the chair across from him. he looks me up and down and opens his mouth, but words weren't coming out. after moments of silence i start to talk.
emma: wh-
ethan: i'm sorry...f-for what happened this morning. i'm fucking stupid, alright?
emma: i'm not mad at you.
ethan: i was just in the moment, it's not really lik-
emma: so you don't have feelings for me?
ethan: i never said that
emma: i don't want to ruin anything friendship i have with you.. or gray....or james. i definitely felt something this morning and—
i put my face into my hands. i feel a hand on my thigh.
ethan: yea i guess so...
emma: what?
ethan: emma i like you, i wanted to tell you that when we planned this trip. i didn't want them to find out. i didn't know how to tell you.
he was very shy. and he usually isn't around me. i'm used the goofball ethan, who makes me laugh. seeing him like this was definitely strange. i grab his hand.
"i like you too, bitch."
ethan: can u promise that you won't say anything?
emma: promise
he finally smiled.
emma: i'm gonna go back inside, so they don't get sister suspicious.
ethan: i'll come with u
when we both go in, i find grayson, in his robe brushing his teeth. he turns to us.
gray: what were you guys doing out there
i try to think of an excuse.
emma: i wa—
ethan: i was fucking fixing her camera she dropped.
gray nods and goes back to brushing his teeth. i go back on my phone, checking my notifications. ethan put his ear on the bathroom door,where james was taking a shower. he starts to laugh.
ethan: looks like james is sister singing
he starts motioning me to listen for myself. he steps back and lets my listen.
emma: oh my god, i laugh.
when james comes out of the bathroom, ethan and i try to hold in our laughs, but we couldn't keep it together.
james: what are you laughing at
ethan shows him the video he had recorded of james singing.
james: fuck you

Ethan's POV

i felt relieved. i have finally gotten all of it off of my chest. we haven't established what we were exactly yet, but at least we are on the same page. tonight was the last night in vegas. i missed los angeles. it's not going to be the same. grayson and i tell each other everything. i have never kept a secret from him, or at least a big one like this. he's already been kind of mysterious about it. the last thing i want is for him or james to find out.
we all start to get in bed, we all needed rest. emma was already sitting in bed, on her phone. i sit next to her as the other two were in the kitchen. i wrap my arms around her as she slaps my arm and smiles, shaking her head.
——————————————
here's a longer chapter for you guys ❤️