-e l e v e n-

Ethan's POV

i couldn't remember the rest of the phone call. most of it was all a blur. after i hung up the phone, i look at emma.

"what's wrong?" she said, upset. she was concerned, confused as well.
"grayson's in the hospital.." i reply. i shake my head and start to stand up.
"wait we have to pay for the fo—" she begins. she stops and follows me. i was walking kind of fast, i felt her grab on to my hand.
"we have to go.."

she walks in front of me and unlocks the car. neither of us say a word the whole there. she looks up the directions to get to the hospital. i start to stress out. is he still alive? how did he get hurt? what if he doesn't want to see me?

emma must've saw how worried i was because she grabbed my hand, pulling it closer to her. when i look at her, she smiles. i couldn't help but smile back. i haven't really been talking to grayson, which is what emma doesn't know. when we arrive, i take a deep breath. as we walk in and say my name, and who i needed to see. the lady up front gives us the room number.they open the door for us and i could feel my hands getting sweaty. the lady leads us to the room.

"it'll be okay ethan."
i nod my head. will it though? what if it's my fault?

when she opens the door i saw grayson sleeping on the hospital bed. emma and i introduce ourselves and start talking to the nurse.

"is he dead?" i ask.
the nurse laughs. "no, he's just tired."
before she could explain what had happened to him, bryant comes in.
"you guys came finally! sorry i didn't get time to call you guys." he hugs the both of us.
"hi bryant." emma and i say in sync.

i put my attention back on grayson. i walk over closer and saw his hand all bandaged up. thank god it wasn't something extremely serious.

"we just got done with the x-rays." she pulls up at picture of this computer screen-thing. "he has two fractures on his index and middle finger, and he cut his palm pretty bad, and we already put stitches on. both of his fingers displaced and unstable, therefore we cannot just put on a splint. we will have to perform surgery..." the nurse started to explain the procedure to us.

i look back at grayson, he began to wake up. i didn't know how he will react when he saw me. emma walked over to him and looked at his hand. she grabbed his other hand and whispered something to him. she saw me looking at her and immediately let go of him. she went over and sat down on the chairs near the window, next to bryant. i was still standing, i couldn't sit down. i place my hands in my jean pocket.

when gray was fully awake i go next to him and try to talk to him. he seemed uninterested in what i was saying.

"gray are you okay? what happened?" i kept thinking of questions to ask him. he didn't answer me at first.
"i'm fine.." he mumbles. the nurse starts to talk to grayson about his fingers. the bandage was covered in blood. he acted as if everything was okay, like nothing had happened. as if he didn't just break two fingers. he nods, and looks at his hand.

"hey e do you want to get some snacks with me?" emma asked, mainly keeping an eye on me.

"sure ba—emma. sure." i forgot about the whole "breakup" thing. the last problem i need is for grayson to question our relationship.

emma starts to get up and we go across the hall to the vending machine.

"what the hell is wrong with you? you still aren't going to talk to him?" she asks, her tone was stern.