-t w e l v e-

Emma's POV

my phone has been keeping me occupied for the past hour. i check the time in the corner of the screen and set my phone face down on the couch.

i circle around the kitchen table, debating on what i should do with myself.

my thoughts were interrupted by ellie calling me. i forgot we had still never met up.

"hey bitch" i start.

"hi! i know we had to cancel the trip or whatever.."

"oh yea!"

"when is the next time you can fly?"

"umm i'll have to look, I do it right now and text you."

"okay bye girdie!"

"bye girdieee!" i hang up the phone. i start scrolling to find a flight to arizona. i text ellie a screenshot. tomorrow at 11:00 am.

i take my phone and go upstairs to pack my bag. my room was a fucking mess. my clothes had been thrown on the floor. hangers scattered everywhere.

my room was an accurate representation of my life right about now. but my room isn't what i was worried about.

since i was only planning on being there for a full day or two, i try not to stress.

i hear the doorbell ring. i hold the railing the way down the stairs. i wondered who was at the door. at this point, it could be anyone. after unlocking the door, i could easily tell who it was.

"hey kitty girl."

yup, james. pretty obvious if you couldn't tell.

"hey sister," i reply.

he makes himself comfortable and sits on the couch. i look down at him and give him a confused look.
"bitch what are you doing here," i shut the door, locking it quickly.

"i can't sister hang out?" he asks, concerned about my facial expressions.

"you can but i was packin— whatever."

"where you going?" he asks, scrolling through his phone, not paying attention to me at all.

"visiting ellie..." i raise my voice a little. i wasn't pissed, i just thought he was ignoring me or some shit.

"cool," he finds himself looking at his phone again, "how's sister ethan." he looks at me and winks.

"i don't know...you should ask him." i ask. that's why he came over. makes sense to me.

"i'm just joking, you know?" he turns his phone off. "sister sarcasm."

"whatever..." i cross my arms and look towards him. he noticed my face and begins to talk. "we're not dating...sister. don't start this shit.."

"chill emma, what's up with you?" he asks.

i unfold my arms and grab a water.