-t h i r t e e n-

Ethan's POV

when grayson and i arrived at james' house, my stomach was in knots. i have never been so nervous. at first i didn't even know why, but over the course of ten minutes, it had occurred to me: emma.

we had been keeping our relationship a secret for a few weeks now. the last thing i wanted was for james and gray to figure it out, while filming.

it was hard. to hide feelings for someone. i hated it. i want to have a normal relationship with her, not keeping it a secret fifty percent of the time.

being able to go out on dates. being able to watch movies together. being able to just hang out wherever. it's hard to imagine of what that would be like. seemed fictional to me. unreal.

after the haunted house, i contemplated whether i should go to emma's place or not. i didn't want to make it seem weird.

i look to my left in the car and find emma in the passenger seat. the brightness of her phone screen lit up her face. she squints her eyes, checking her instagram.

in the back was gray and james, which was the normal seating in a car we were all in. it was like that before we were even dating.

"why do you drive to fucking slow dumbass?" james yells, randomly.

emma turns back to look at james. "ooo sister sassy i see." she laughs at her own comment. she looks over at me to see my reaction. i look from the corner of my eye, eyes still on the road, and smile.

"it's not my fucking fault people don't know how to drive, sister!" i hell back at him. he whispers some insult back. i laugh at him loudly and make a wide turn on an intersection.

emma and i occasionally talked about random topics in the car, but we tried not to do too much.

i drop james off at his house first.

"bye sister, love you!" emma says, waving at him.

"fuck you whore!" james smiles and grabs his phone. he opens the door and waves back.

grayson places each of his hands on the back of our seats and moves towards to middle back seat.

"what's wrong with you two?" he asks. he looks over emma's shoulder and waits for her reply. i expected her not to answer.

"what the hell do you mean?" i ask. it's like he was onto us. he shrugs and grabs the aux cord. emma looks around and when her eyes are laid on me, we gave each other the same type of confused look.

when we arrive at emma's place, she opens the door and proceeds to get out of the car. i open my door as well. we meet at the back of car.

"what the fuck are you doing e?" she asks.

she looks straight up at me, with her blue ocean eyes. they were just like the ocean, as i could imagine. you could get lost into her eyes just like looking at the waves, mesmerizing.

"i'm not leaving you." i begin. she tries to pass me but i pull her back to me.

"nice try.." i say.