-s i x-

the next morning
Grayson's POV

i have been realizing that ethan has been drifting apart from me. the entire trip i felt as if he was trying to avoid me. we haven't talked one on one in like four days, he's been hanging out with emma so much.

i didn't get any sleep last night. i've been overthinking a lot, more than i should. i would usually tell ethan, but i can't tell him anything. he's the only one i trust with things like my mental issues.

on the drive home, i tune into emma and ethan's conversation in the front seat. whenever one of the two would make a joke, ethan would turn around, giving me a weird look. we didn't talk for the whole ride. after four long hours we dropped off james.

gray, ethan, and emma: bye sister, we said in sync
james: bye whore asses
when we got closer to dropping emma off i hesd ethan whisper to her.
ethan: you want me to walk you in
emma: sure

then they both smile at each other. ethan was in her house for a good ten minutes.
gray: what took you so fucking long?
ethan: what do you mean?
gray: you were in there for like an hour
ethan raises his voice at me and suddenly gets defensive
ethan: bro i was not, and why the hell do you care, huh? it's none of you business.

Emma's POV

"do you want me to walk you in", ethan whispers
i say yes. he gets out of the car, carrying my bag and suitcase. i offered to help but he shook his head.

emma: what's up with you and gray
ethan: what do you mean
emma: dude you totally ignored him the whole time, i feel bad.

we approach my door. i grab my keys and turn the handle.

ethan: don't worry about it, e.

i grab my stuff from him and start to carry it upstairs. ethan stops me by grabbing my hand and turning my around to where we were facing each other. he kisses my forehead. i push him away.

emma: dude...
ethan: what
emma: i told you i'm not ruining my friendship with you or james or gray.
ethan: how are you ruining it?
emma: i don't want to get in between you are you're brother...
ethan: baby it's fine. he grabs my waist, pulling me closer to him once again.
emma: ethan, stop.
ethan: babe...
emma: u can leave now.
ethan: fine...
he walks away, turns around and closes the door softly.

Ethan's POV

grayson: are you okay bro?
ethan: gray, i'm fucking fine. stop fucking asking me.

grayson looks down and puts his seatbelt on. he stares out the window the whole way home. silence filled the car.

i didn't quite know what i did wrong. i love her, i really do. i don't understand why grayson is always involved in my life. sure, he's my twin but sometimes you don't always want you're younger brother to be apart of your love life.

when we arrive to our house, grayson seemed weird the entire time. like i made him upset or some shit. he walks straight to his room. i do the same.

Grayson's POV
when i go into my room, my phone vibrates. it was a text message, from emma. weird. she doesn't usually text me. she's always texting ethan.

emma: sorry to bother you, just wanted to see if you're ok.

grayson: yea i'm fine

emma: i'm sorry about what happened.

grayson: what happened?

emma: about ethan being a dick

grayson: shit that's not even you're fault

emma: yea there's something i need to tell you. it's kind of important.

grayson: ok call me.

emma: no dumbass, in person. when can u come over?

grayson: i'll be there in 20

emma: see ya 😎

———————
thank you guys for all the reads and votes! I'll post again tomorrow