-s e v e n-

Emma's POV

how was i going to tell grayson? should i tell him about the kiss? i promised e i wouldn't tell anyone, but i hated keeping the secret. my phone vibrates. it was a text from ellie.

ellie: how was vegas?

it was different than what i expected. i didn't have time to explain to her what had actually happened, so i responded differently.

emma: it was swaggy 😎

she wouldn't expect anything. that emoji is a lifesaver. i hear the doorbell ring. i get up off the couch and open the door.
emma: hey grayson, i wrap my arms around him and hug him. he looked concerned, but hugged me back.

gray: hey e

i let go of him and we lock eyes for a few seconds. he smiles and i lead him over to the couch. he sits down, i stand up. i run through my head of what i should say.

gray: do you have any snacks?

i go in the kitchen cabinet and grab an opened box of cheese its. the only food i don't postmate to my apartment. i pass them to him, "heads up".
gray laughs and catches the box.

gray: haha thanks.
emma: yea

at this point, i didn't know what to say. i look at him sitting there from my kitchen. i didn't want to hurt him or lie.
gray: are you gonna talk or fucking stare at me, he jokes.
emma: fuck you, i'm thinking of what to say.
gray: just tell me
emma: fine....i pause. so ethan and i...
gray: ...fucked? i knew it.
i look at him and flipped him off.
emma: no bailey.
gray: then what? kissed?

i nod.

gray: i fucking drove to you're house for that? i already knew you guys were dating or some shit. it's pretty obvious.
emma: we're not dating..dude it's more than that. i rejected him....for you, i guess.
gray: why, you're in love with me or something. that's messed up to ethan.
emma: i don't like you dude

did i? i don't even know at this point. i look at him again, but not the same way i did before. wtf? i started thinking of how i actually felt about gray. no, i cannot like him. i go back into reality.

gray: listen, that was nice of you i guess, but i'm fine. if you like my brother.
emma: but i don't even know anymore. grayson, you were jealous. i saw it in you're eyes. you don't want me with you're brother.
gray: i told you i don't care....
my phone started buzzing from the kitchen counter. i walk over and it was a facetime request, from ethan.
emma: it's ethan..
gray: don't answer it, i told him i was at the store. and i thought u hated him.
emma: i don't know anymore.

i let the call ring out. i'll call him back later, i guess.

emma: i don't know anymore, i repeat. i sit on the couch near grayson.

Grayson's POV

i knew emma and ethan had a thing. i was a little jealous that e gets all the girls, but i was used to it. emma was hiding something else. she made it seem really important that i had to see her in person. when she sits next to me, she stared at the ground. i wrap my arm around her, to cheer her up.
gray: dude it's nothing to be upset about.
emma looks up at me and frowns. her eyes starting to water. she then looks back down putting her face in her hands.
emma: i ruined my friendship with him, and possibly you as well. her voice was muffled because her face was covered.
emma: i'm sorry. you can leave i guess.
gray: no i'm staying here. i insist.

emma looks up. i wipes the tears from her face. i felt bad. i had to be the nice one in this situation. my phone vibrates. it was a text message from ethan.
emma sniffles, "who's that"
gray: uh it's e
emma: ok, she says under her breath
emma gets up and walks to the bathroom. i decide to text him back. i got pissed off at him, realizing he hurt emma.

ethan: where the hell are you?

gray: i'm with james and ian

it was hard to lie to him. that was the first excuse i could think of. i turn my phone off and put it back in my pocket. emma comes out of the bathroom. she seemed a little more happy than before.

emma: what should we postmate?
gray: um chipotle.
emma: did you text him back?
gray: yea i made some excuse

Ethan's POV

grayson had been gone for a good two hours. he said he was with james and ian, which was odd. we usually watch tv or something on saturday's, together. i call emma and see if she would answer, no response. she was still mad at me. at this point i forget what i even did for her to ignore me. i was just moving too fast. i haven't had a girlfriend in years, after being hurt. i really liked emma. and apparently she didn't feel the same way. i sighed.

i get a notification. "_emmachamberlain posted a photo.". i check it out. i wanted to still be active, i still was into her. i decide to comment, "😎". we would always you that in code for whatever we wanted. but only over text.
i find myself look at edits. a lot of them were about "ethma". it sounded like a fucking disease or something. i watch more edits. damn. i fucked up big time. the way she looked at me definitely wasn't in a friend way. i save some of the edits.

i grab my phone and call and uber. i needed to talk to her, in person. if she didn't want to answer my calls, i'll go to her. when i arrive to her house, i ring the doorbell......

Grayson's POV

emma and i decided to go upstairs and watch "the office". she put her head on my shoulder, as a pillow. i smile. after about two episodes, the doorbell rings. must be the postmates.

emma: i'll be right back. she gets up and goes downstairs.
i hear the door open. i couldn't make out what she was saying after that. i heard the door close. but emma didn't come upstairs. i decide to go downstairs and see if she had the food. she wasn't there.
gray: emma? i yell. no response.

where the fuck was she?
———————