-e i g h t-

Emma's POV

i open the door, expecting it to be the postmates. it was ethan. he started to open his mouth to speak. shit. ethan doesn't know gray was here. i go outside in front of him, closing the door behind me.

emma: what the fuck are you doin—
ethan: babe let me explain

i roll my eyes.

emma: dude my name's emma, let's make that clear first.
ethan: ok i'm being serious. why can't we go inside?
emma: well i wanted some coffee
ethan: cool, i'll drive you
emma: it's my car, i'm driving

we both went into the car. after i start it, i go for the radio. i turn it up loud enough where you can feel the car vibrate to the music. ethan stares outside of the window.

emma: why aren't you talking e?
ethan: i assumed you wanted me to shut up
emma: then why did you come over, i turned the volume.
ethan: because i felt bad and i wanted to apologize i guess. i know you don't love me and al—
emma: i never said i didn't love you..i interrupted

he stops and smiles at me. i see him staring at me from the corner of me eye. for some reason it makes me blush. it was just awkward. he laughs. he looked so adorable. as i try to hide my smile from looking at him, we arrive

emma: WE'RE HERE
ethan: damn okay

i started to have feelings for him again, real feelings. i didn't want him to know yet.

ethan grabs a seat at a table.

emma: you don't want anything e?
ethan: the name's ethan, let's make that clear first. he laughs. no just get you're coffee.

i secretly flip him off so no one else sees. he smiles and does it back. i didn't know how much i missed actually having a friendship with him. after i order my drink, my phone kept buzzing. what the hell?. i picked up my phone and looked. "shit". whoops. i didn't realize i had said that out loud. i forgot grayson was still at my house.

ethan: what
emma: it's nothing.
ethan: bitch...

he looks over and i quickly pull my phone away.

ethan: grayson? damn you switched lanes that quick?
emma: no no no no nooo it's not like that.

ethan smirks. "then what?" he asks.

what was i supposed to say to ethan? i didn't know what to tell grayson. i literally left him for his brother, again. fuck.

emma: just talking.
ethan: so you still with me or what?
emma: yea obviously. the only reason why i flipped out was because... you know, you were going way too fast. i haven't actually had a real boyfriend in my life.

it was definitely more than that. what i told him was true but there's more. i like grayson, and i don't want him to be all jealous and upset. grayson is definitely the more sensitive twin. i actually had a real talk and was comfortable around him. it was different than talking to ethan.

ethan: you're lucky you have me first. i'll treat you right...slowly.
emma: fuck ethan stop. i cover up my smile. we laugh in sync.