[23°]

~Flashback~

"Intruders have entered Bada!" One of the most trusted guards spoke.

"I'll ta-"

"No! I'll go. You stay and relax. Our baby is on his way." The King smiled and was about to swim off.

"What if you get killed?!" The queen asked worried.

"Then I'll die protecting the two most important fishys (idk know if its a word but anyway, now it is) in my life." He added with a playful smirk.

"We aren't fish." The queen scoffed.

The king swam up to his queen and suddenly grabbed her cheeks.

"I'll be back soon and if it happens I don't then I'll make sure our son is protected." He said while leaving.

The queen had hopes and never thought that she had just spent her last moment with the love of her life.

That night, the queen had her baby but sadly barely glanced at him. Why? Because one of the intruders made his way to the palace.

That thief stole the most important thing in her life. Which was family.

Indeed, that intruder was the one who ended the King and took her son. Or so we thought.

* * *

The intruder grabbed the little mer-prince after drugging the queen. He wanted to make sure she never meets her son.

POV Intruder

I swam up to the surface and was about to kill the prince when a human popped out of no where and pinned me down by stabbing my fish tail.

"AAAAAH!" I yelled in pain.

"You. Aren't. Going. Anywhere. With. That. Baby." He said grabbing the young boy from my hold.

"Why? You don't eve-n know hi-m, stupid h-uman." I said between groans of pain.

"You're the one who killed the king, right?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"Tsk. Lying won't get you anywhere you know."

How can a human detect lies? Then all of a sudden, I heard a loud *Powfff*(I tried making a gun sound😂)

The human fell on his, what they call legs. He was shoot in the shoulder.

"Lock him up. Take the baby." The boss ordered.

"What about me?!" I asked.

The boss turned around to look at me." Well, you aren't of any use anymore. I'm very thankful for what you did. Death shall be your reward."

He left me. HE LEFT ME?

Annoyed, I unstabbed myself and tried going back into the water. After a while, I finally managed and swim, slowly, towards where I left the king.

"I apologize. Deeply and to be excuse I shall replace my few remaining minutes of life and restore you your majesty."

And that's exactly what I did.

.
.
.
.
To be continued