• Drooms •

{ s e v e n t e e n }

I was the last person to wake up on the bus, and luckily for me, we were at our next venue, meaning as soon as I was ready, Sam and I could go out.

I pulled myself out of bed and picked out black skinnys and a crop top and went into the bathroom.

When I looked in the mirror I saw that my face was pale with mascara trailing down it, my eyes were red, blotchy and has bags under them and I looked utter shit.

I combed through my messy hair deciding to leave it wavy and hanging down my back.

I then removed every trace of make-up from my face, reapplying pale foundation to give my skin colour (not orange, that's stupid), and putting concealer over the bags under my eyes. I did my usual eye-makeup in record time.

I pulled my clothes on quickly and brushed my teeth, I just want out of this bus for a while.

I stepped out and sucked in a breathe when I saw Cameron, I decided not to look at him in fear that I'd break down.

I walked over to Danny, plastered a smile on my face and hugged him.

"Morning K!" He said enthusiastically.

"Morning bro, I'm off out with Sam soon, so I'm just gunna go and speak with him" I said pulling away from the hug

He smiled and I walked over to Sam, sitting on the couch next to him.

"Hiya love. You feeling okay?" He asked quietly.

"Honestly?" I asked.

"No...I want the lie version." He said, in a serious tone.

"Then I feel like a millionaire who just got married and won the Nobel prize, nothing can bring me down and I'm fucking great" I said lacing my words with sarcasm.

"Okay...very detailed" he laughed.

"Can we leave now? I need out of this bus for a while" I said in a more depressed tone.

"Getting my coat now" he said and got up "oh and I invited James" he added.

I smiled, he's so loved up. I wanted to say something sarcastic to reply, but I knew they didn't want the boys to know they were dating.

James sat next to me as Sam got up. He looked at me and smiled, I fake smiled back.

"Well that's fake, what's wrong?"

"How can you tell?" I asked testing him.

"I've known you like forever, I know when your faking a smile" he replied casually.

"I guess I'm just tired" I lied

"You're also bad at lying" he replied, damn he's good.

"James, you have testicles. Do you want to keep them or continue this conversation? Your choice" I said, putting on a sweet smile.

"Let me think about it, I'll get back to you later today"

"I'm getting the scissors now. Wait here" I said and got up heading to the kitchen.

"NO! OKAY CONVERSATION OVER!" He yelled making all the boys look at him and give him weird looks.

I sat back next to him. "I'm glad, what made you change your mind?" I asked innocently, playing with my nails.

He smirked. He opened his mouth to reply but Sam put his hands in between us.

"Now now children. If you want coffee you have to play nice!" Sam said pointing at us.

We both hung our heads down and replied 'yes mum' simultaneously.

"TO STARBUCKS!" James shouted running out of the bus.

"To Starbucks" I muttered letting out a breathe.

We got out of the bus and Sam pulled the door closed.

"You seem better, I told you sleep would help" he said kindly.

"I think I should leave the tour" I said ignoring his statement.

"What? NO! NO! You can't leave me here! I need my sister! Please!" He begged.

"I can't put on fake smiles everyday for the next 3 months, James has already noticed, the others will too" I replied.

"Please, just- I don't want you to leave, what if I need you?"

"In what situation will you need me?"

"Well at night when we have long talks about things that are bothering us! I look forward to those y'know. You're on every tour we've ever been on, please don't leave"

"Okay. You're really persuasive. But if things get any worse I'm leaving, deal?"

"Deal" he agreed.

James then ran back over to us. Panting and out of breathe.

"You guys are so slow" he complained.

"James?" I asked.

"Yes love?"

"Say drums? And before you say no, it'll really cheer me up" I argued.

"Ugh fine. Drooms. Happy?"

"Yes, yes I am. I love you guys" I said, these were two of my best friends, I don't know what i'd do without them.

"And we love you" James replied.

We got into Starbucks and ordered coffee, I noticed Sam and James were just acting like friends, James obviously doesn't know that I know they're together.

I sat opposite them as they sat down handing me my coffee.

I then noticed they were holding hands under the table and both smiling hugely.

"Why under the table?" I asked. James mouth hung open and Sam gave me a death glare. "James, yes I know. Don't fight it, I ship you, and I loved the idea from the beginning" I stated. He calmed and so did Sam.

"But why under the table? I mean, you have the power to be able to show affection in public, so do it. Trust me, if you couldn't, you'd regret not doing it when you had the chance..." I said sadly, getting lost in my thoughts.

Sam look at me sadly, pulling both his hands and grabbed my chin.

"Please Kate...please don't do this, not here." He begged.

"I'm sorry" I replied.

James looked confused as hell, but just put his hand back into sam's, this time they left their hands on the table.

I smiled at them "see, that's all I want to be able to do.." I said.

Sam looked desperate. "Kate, you can't break down here, promise me, hold it all in for now okay? We'll talk tonight when everyone's in bed. Please darling, for me." He asked.

"Okay, I promise" I said. "Can we just change the subject"

I felt bad for not explaining my sudden outburst to James, but he seemed to brush it off.

We continued to talk about useless nonsense until they had to get back to the bus to prepare for the show.