• I'm Sorry Hairy Man •

{ t w e n t y f o u r }

That night I went back into the bus past midnight, Danny was the only one awake.

"Where the fuck have you been?" He spat.

"I, young sir" I giggled. "Was at a bar" I giggled again.

"You're fucking drunk. Of course you are" I was, I'm surprised I found the bus.

"Well, don't tell anyone, but drinking your problems away works" I whispered.

"No It doesn't Kate"

"How do you know my name?" I giggled.

"It's Danny, your brother"

"My brother hates me" I said sadly looking down.

"No he doesn't, he's just mad you don't listen to him"

A tear rolled down my cheek "You don't know that, you don't see how he looks at me now.."

"I do love you, Kate"

"I'm sorry hairy man, I have a boyfriend who I love very much" I stuttered, Danny tensed but brushed it off.

"Tell me about your boyfriend Kate" he asked and I smiled.

"Well, he's tall and um...hot. I really love him, and I get butterflies when we talk" I giggled. "He makes me feel special" I whispered.

"But I don't think we'll be together anymore.." I started crying again.

"Have you ever felt like your drowning, and someone is trying to pull you out, but there are so many people pulling you down, that the person trying to pull you out goes down with you, that's how I feel right now.." I said to Danny.

I may have been drunk, but my thoughts were clear.

Danny sighed.

"You should go to bed Kate"

"NO! I don't want to sleep alone anymore" I yelled.

"What?"

"My boyfriend...when I'm in his arms it's nice, comforting. The nightmares of life just go away, because all my life they've been there, but with him they stop. That's how I know he's the one for me..."

Danny just looked at me, I smiled at him and giggled.

"What's your name hairy man?" I giggled again.

He sighed. "Danny."

"I had a brother named Danny..." I whispered crying again.

If it isn't already obvious, I'm an emotional drunk.

He walked over to me and held me in a hug "let's get you to bed Kate"

He picked me up bridal style and carried me to the bunks.

He placed me in my bunk and kissed my forehead.

"Danny"

"Yes love"

"Why is love so difficult..."

"I don't know Kate, I don't know. Time to sleep now, I'll talk to you in the morning" he said before pulling my curtain closed and walking away.