1

Zach's POVI didn't want to wake up

Zach's POV
I didn't want to wake up. But it was the first day of school and my mom didn't want me to be late. So reluctantly I got up and changed into ripped jeans, a Supreme shirt, and checkered slip-ons.

Walking into the restroom, I brushed my teeth and ran my fingers through the nest that was my hair. I was do for a hair cut. When the brown strands were somewhat normal looking I walked out and went back into my room, I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and tossed my backpack on my shoulder. then I walked down the stairs, into the kitchen.

"Good morning." Mom chirped.

"Morning." I kissed her cheek, grabbing an apple from the bowl in front of her. I headed to the door.

"You don't want me to drive you to school?"

"No, I'm good with walking. I'm gonna meet Daniel along the way."

"Alright. Be safe."
I nodded, said bye and closed the door behind me, thinking it's school, how safe can it be?

I pulled my ear phones out and plugged it into my phone, playing the music on loud.

There were teens on the sidewalks, in front of me, across, behind, all heading to the same destination as me. The pits of Hell itself, or what teachers and Parents call High School.

I was two blocks away when someone grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back.

Involuntarily I screamed, dropping the apple core. Then I saw who it was and blushed.
"Damn Zach," Daniel said, pulling the buds out of my ear. "What if I was a murderer?"

"Then I would have died." I shrugged. I paused the music and put the cord away. "Good thing you weren't a murderer, huh?"

Daniel shakes his head. "Come on, Corbyn and Jonah are already waiting for us."

We continue walking, telling each other how what happened this Summer.

Yeah I know, you're probably thinking, but you guys are friends shouldn't you already know what happened?

Well yes but, Daniel went back to Portland for the Summer to visit some family, so I didn't see him for three whole months.

Just as we walked through the front gate, someone barrels into us from behind, causing Daniel to stumble and me to fall.

"Watch where you're going fag." Jake laugh, running passed us. Logan, his older brother-who I was sure was held back a year-beside him. Jake's twin, Cleo, ducked between us, as Daniel helped me up. She apologized for their behavior.

Despite being Jake's twin, Cleo was nothing like him, nor Logan. She was more to herself, didn't pick on me or anyone else that her brothers did. But she never did anything about it, she just followed behind them, like a dragging shadow.

But I didn't find any interest in her, maybe in fifth grade but after that I was sure that girls
didn't really pique my interest.

Yes it's true I'm gay. The Paul brothers didn't say it just to be mean-okay maybe they did- but there was a reason they picked on me. I liked boys more than girls. I didn't understand why, I just accepted it.

Daniel squeezed my shoulder, smiling softly. "Don't worry about them. Let's go find Corbyn and Jonah."