11

Third Person POV⚠️ warning ⚠️ : gay slurs and beating if ur not comfortable with those i suggest u don't read

Third Person POV
⚠️ warning ⚠️ : gay slurs and beating if ur not comfortable with those i suggest u don't read

He knew what to expect when he got home. His stepmom was in the kitchen eating dinner, his dad in the living room. He wanted to go up to his room but his father had other thoughts.

"Jack, come in here." Sighing and preparing himself, he did. Jack knew it was bad when his dad had paused the TV and sat up straight. He never does that. "Where were you?"

"With a friend. We were just studying."

"What happened with Chloe?"

He was onto Jack. "I-uh-broke up with her."

His dad sucked into a deep breath. "Why?" Jack wanted to be anywhere but here. He wanted to be back with Zach, back in the house that accepted their son and brother to be gay. But he wasn't. Had lied to Zach when he said that his parents like gays but preferred his to be straight. His mom like gays, but his dad was a different story.  "Boy if you don't answer me in the next five seconds..."

It wasn't an empty threat, Jack knew that. But he was tired of this. Tired  of having to fake what he was. Tired of hiding in a dark hole, hopping his father wouldn't find him. He broke it to everyone at school that he was gay. Why stop now? Plus, he wasn't scared of his father. "I'm gay. That's why I broke up with her. I'm tired of pretending to be something I'm not!"

His fathers face turned red, veins popped out of his neck. He grabbed the beer bottle off of the tray next to the couch and threw it at Jack. He wasn't fast enough and the bottle broke against his chest. He screamed as sharp pieces of glass tore at his skin. He fell to the floor and his father jumped onto him, beating him. Yelling how Jack is a worthless shit and he was a waste of life.

Something inside Jack snapped, and it wasn't another bone. No, it was a fire. It was the fire to fight back. He screamed and pushed at the monster on top of him. The action surprised his dad and made it easier for him to move. Jack stood up, winced and almost fell over. His dad growled at him and charged, but Jack was prepared for it and moved in time. His dad ran into the wall.

"This house is a fucking nightmare!" Jack spat blood onto the floor. That scared him more than his father. He ran, limped more, to the front door. As he passed the kitchen he noticed that it was empty and the front door was already open. His stepmom had ran out and left an easy escape for him. Intentionally or unintentionally, he didn't care.

He didn't look back as he ran out into the dark. He wasn't sure where he was going until he stopped in front of a house. Someone moved in to living and he was sure he knew where he was. Jack nearly made i to the door, pure adrenaline had kept him going. Now he was feeling his injuries. 

Panting and gasping he made it to the slab of oak. He weakly rose his arm, leaned against the door, and tapped on it. Harder Jack, they can't hear that. So he did. With his last drop of energy, he banged against the door repeatedly. Someone yelled from inside that they were coming but he didn't stop until they opened the door and he fell into the arms of Zach. And then he passed out.