12

Zach's POVI didn't know what to do when a severely injured, unconscious, Jack fell into my arms

Zach's POV
I didn't know what to do when a severely injured, unconscious, Jack fell into my arms. First of all, I was shocked. He was fine when he left? Did he get into a fight on the way to his house or did his parents beat him?

I called for my parents, Ryan and Reese coming too. "Oh my god. What happened to him?"

"I don't know. We have to get him to the hospital."

"Ryan." Dad said. "Get the keys." Ryan nodded doing as told. He came back and tried following us out. "No You guys stay here. I'm gonna call the Seavey's and ask if Anna can babysit."

Mom helped me get Jack into the car. I sat in the back, resting Jack's head on my lap. His skin was getting paler and his blood was staining the seats. He was still breathing but they were shallowed and labored. "Dad hurry." I jerked back as he went faster.

I looked over Jack's body, checking his injuries. His shirt was ripped and pieces of glass stuck from his chest. There was bruises and red marks all over his exposed skin and I can imagine what his clothed skin looked like.

Tears fell down my face as I thought, who would do this to Jack? I was beginning to think that maybe it was his parents. Was this my fault? Did they ask him where he was and got mad. That only made me feel worse. He got hurt and I was to blame.

We got to the hospital. Mom ran through the doors to call for doctors as Dad helped me with Jack. About five people in scrubs came with a stretcher. I didn't want to let Jack go but Dad pulled me away.

We followed them through the building, them talking about his injuries and asking us how this happened. We honestly had no answer. I wanted to say that it was his parents but I wasn't sure, so I didn't say anything.

Jack had three broken ribs, a black eyes, and cuts and bruises all over. He was still unconscious, alive, but barely. I didn't like the sound of that. They immediately took him to the operating room. I tried going with them but one nurse stopped me. "You can't go any further than this."

"But I-"

"I'm sorry." She walked through the door and shut it behind her.

I stood there, Mom and Dad having walked away to check in Ryan and Reese. Be alone left my mind to wonder. What if he didn't make it through the surgery? What if he did make it through the surgery only to die later on. My breathing picked up and my heart felt like it was being squished between my lungs, which most likely it is.

Someone wrapped their arms around me and then more. When I looked up I saw Daniel, Jonah, and Corbyn.

"Is he gonna be okay?" Jonah asked.